Video games started to randomly use 95% of my i7 6700k CPU

So a few days ago I was playing GTA V just fine, closed it and opened it a half hour later max, and it was using 95% of my cpu, all of the tests I’ve ran are saying my cpu and gpu are fine, temps in my bios are saying motherboard, cpu and gpu are around 30°f.

i took it to my buddies house last night, we reset the overclocking on my cpu (which had not been changed since I got the cpu about a year or two ago) and it worked perfect again!... until I brought back home an hour later. Back to ANY video game taking 95% of my cpu.

its been a headache and a half to me so I would really appreciate as much help as possible for this. Given that my pc is my baby and my main source of fun and entertainment. 

Here is my pcpartpicker list of everything I have for my pc.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/jrxV29

if any of you who wish to help, need ANY more information that I have not provided, I’ll be happy to provide it. At time of posting I am at work and will not be home to do anything with my pc for 4-5 hours

5 minutes ago, Slottr said:

Yeah, those games are using your resources

But 95%? They were not the other day, and no matter whT game I try it’s the same effect. 

6 minutes ago, FRSHPRNCFBLR said:

You can run Malwarebytes, just to be sure.

I did, it didn’t find anything after I ran a full scan. Thank you though.

games are supposed to utilize your cpu and gpu.  

i'd be concerned if it wasnt using that much.

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

Just now, Tsuki said:

games are supposed to utilize your cpu and gpu.  

i'd be concerned if it wasnt using that much.

It’s using 95% when it was using probably closer to 30-40, but the change is making it so the games are either unloadable or unplayable. Maybe a gpu problem?

2 minutes ago, GuckTruck said:

It’s using 95% when it was using probably closer to 30-40, but the change is making it so the games are either unloadable or unplayable. Maybe a gpu problem?

do you have logitech gaming software installed?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

2 minutes ago, Tsuki said:

do you have logitech gaming software installed?

I do! For my mouse.

1 minute ago, GuckTruck said:

I do! For my mouse.

uninstall it and let me know your cpu usage in game afterwards

|Specs in profile|

6 minutes ago, Tsuki said:

uninstall it and let me know your cpu usage in game afterwards

I sure will, I’ll have to wait until I’m out of work, but I’m willing to do whatever is possible. The only thing I haven’t tried (that I would think of) are reseating/reapply thermal paste on my cpu and installing windows again.

but I’ll get back to you when I do it.

On 4/1/2019 at 9:10 PM, GuckTruck said:

reapply thermal paste on my cpu

That was my first thought. This would be likely to be combined with cpu throttling down sooner, so assuming you have a 3.3GHz CPU with 3.9GHz booxt, if in the past your CPU was able to run 3.9GHz because it was cool enough, it would have "only" used 85% because it only needs 3.3GHz power but now it wants 100% because 3.3GHz is 100% (but I guess Windows will only let it have 95%)

But please let us know.

Oh and of course it is possible that the game auto-updated with performance regression.