LED lights not "working"

Vod

Hello! 

So for the actually lights, they work, but what I mean by not working is its problem.

The lights wrok but only when I keep pulling back or putting pressure on the cable for the power. 

They light up and as soon I let the power cable go the lights turn off. 

Was thinking of them using in my setup, and I can't return them because their a few months old now. 

Idk what to do

4 hours ago, Vod said:

Hello! 

So for the actually lights, they work, but what I mean by not working is its problem.

The lights wrok but only when I keep pulling back or putting pressure on the cable for the power. 

They light up and as soon I let the power cable go the lights turn off. 

Was thinking of them using in my setup, and I can't return them because their a few months old now. 

Idk what to do

Take a photo of the connector you're referring to it sounds like there is a bad pin on the cable or solder joint to the LED strip. 

5 hours ago, W-L said:

Take a photo of the connector you're referring to it sounds like there is a bad pin on the cable or solder joint to the LED strip. 

I have two of those connectors, tried connecting power to either but still had same problem. 

59 minutes ago, Vod said:

I have two of those connectors, tried connecting power to either but still had same problem. 

What connector are you exactly referring to? Sounds like a loose pin if it's the connector that directly interfaces to the PSU. 

7 hours ago, W-L said:

What connector are you exactly referring to? Sounds like a loose pin if it's the connector that directly interfaces to the PSU. 

By connector I mean thease15541255897896587693548085257487.thumb.jpg.18b54970a581f91499bfc89c524c6275.jpg

Just found out that the connectors weren't the problem, the white adapter thing was, I needed to adjust the psu cable in the white adapter for it to work, and if I move it even an micrometer it will turn off

Bust out some wire strippers and a soldering iron and solder the wires from the power supply to the connector pins and call it a day.

Or don't be as ghetto as me up to you.

On 4/1/2019 at 8:28 PM, ELECTRISK said:

Bust out some wire strippers and a soldering iron and solder the wires from the power supply to the connector pins and call it a day.

Or don't be as ghetto as me up to you.

How would I be able to change turn on the LEDs, change the colours...

On 4/3/2019 at 10:16 AM, Vod said:

4 pins, one's power, the rest are red, green, and blue. Should be labeled on the pcb

On 4/3/2019 at 11:16 AM, Vod said:

Do you have a RGB controller, those lights must use one to be able to change colors and different lighting modes. 

It's OK, the adapter is fully broken (tottaly not because of rage, I'm gonna buy the adapter tommorow