Mechanical Keyboards Suggestions

I am planning to get my first mechanical keyboard, simply because I enjoy their feeling and versatility. However many of the top keyboards are expensive, with some reaching prices close to $200. I understand that these keyboards offer certain features not found altogether in cheaper alternatives, but I am not about to drop that amount of money on a peripheral like a keyboard. Could anybody recommend any keyboards preferably in a price range around 80$ that offers good quality? If anything, I would like the key caps not to have a very loud font and would rather have blue or white LED(s). As for the switches, I personally enjoy the loud nature of blue switches, however red switches are also very comfortable to type with. There are also switches that imitate them (such as Razer greens and Logitech Romer-G) which I am fine with as long as the brand is reputable and offers a similar experience. If you have any suggestions, please let me know. Some of the ones that I am considering currently are the Blackwidow X Tournament Edition, Corsair K63, and Drevo Calibur. If anyone has experience with any of those keyboards, let me know about it.

Edited by OctavianTheGreat
I noticed some grammar errors and wanted to put more info on the switches I preferred

@geo3 can help u out..

although personally i will get the corsair one..but if the blackwidow.uses cherry then why not.

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

Cooler Master Masterkeys Pro S white or M might fit the bill,sometimes you can find some good deals on it,I bought mine for around 80.https://www.amazon.com/Cooler-Master-MasterKeys-Mechanical-Keyboard/dp/B01ITE941Y/ref=sr_1_12_sspa?keywords=cooler+master+masterkeys+pro&qid=1553938167&s=gateway&sr=8-12-spons&psc=1 

There are version of it with PBT keycaps, that's the one I bought,but they are a bit pricey in some countries.You can buy the one with abs keycaps and later buy cheap pbt keycaps set of AliExpress.

13 hours ago, noxdeouroboros said:

Cooler Master Masterkeys Pro S white or M might fit the bill,sometimes you can find some good deals on it,I bought mine for around 80.https://www.amazon.com/Cooler-Master-MasterKeys-Mechanical-Keyboard/dp/B01ITE941Y/ref=sr_1_12_sspa?keywords=cooler+master+masterkeys+pro&qid=1553938167&s=gateway&sr=8-12-spons&psc=1 

There are version of it with PBT keycaps, that's the one I bought,but they are a bit pricey in some countries.You can buy the one with abs keycaps and later buy cheap pbt keycaps set of AliExpress.

Yeah, I'd go with that, or a Red Dragon. 

What about ducky? 

I see them mentioned on the forums all the time, along with the red dragon. I haven't had experience with either but I do have a corsair K95 Plat and it's awesome to type on. I'd like to buy another similar keyboard for work as my membrane keyboard doesn't feel as nice. I was considering a ducky or red dragon but may buy a cheaper corsair model. Let me know what you end up doing.

16 minutes ago, Vandey said:

What about ducky

I see them mentioned on the forums all the time, along with the red dragon. I haven't had experience with either but I do have a corsair K95 Plat and it's awesome to type on. I'd like to buy another similar keyboard for work as my membrane keyboard doesn't feel as nice. I was considering a ducky or red dragon but may buy a cheaper corsair model. Let me know what you end up doing.

A bit over the budget I would say. Cheapest ducky is around 100 without shipping.Reddragon is cheaper option.

3 hours ago, noxdeouroboros said:

A bit over the budget I would say. Cheapest ducky is around 100 without shipping.Reddragon is cheaper option.

true but i feel like ducky is a little bit more reliable and is built better than a red dragon 

6 minutes ago, picochico101 said:

true but i feel like ducky is a little bit more reliable and is built better than a red dragon 

It is,way better IMO,but the op has a budget,ducky does not fit into it.

26 minutes ago, noxdeouroboros said:

It is,way better IMO,but the op has a budget,ducky does not fit into it.

true but ducky is just made better and is going to last longer than a red dragon plus the customization and some of the cooler features are nice. 

2 minutes ago, picochico101 said:

true but ducky is just made better and is going to last longer than a red dragon plus the customization and some of the cooler features are nice. 

I'm not saying he should buy reddragon, I recommended coolermaster board that is in his budget.

31 minutes ago, picochico101 said:

If you throw the budget out of the window in order to get a nicer product, why not go all the way and suggest something like the Rama M60-A or something from Zeal?

If someone has a budget, it's best to stick to it. 

:)

I got a Red Dragon and like it.  It has the clickly blue switches you said you are looking for and is in your price range.  The RGB can be set for what you like.  It has 5 programmable macro keys.  It really like the volume wheel.  I find it much more convenient than controlling the volume with FN+a volume key, messing with a volume slider in windows, or reaching over and turning the knob on my speakers.  I did wind up buying a cheap wrist rest for gaming which works just fine with it.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07G11G2X8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

DREVO BladeMaster TE 87K (10-keyless) is $89.99, they have a wireless version that is $159.99, and full-size keyboards as well. Heavy metal base, different switch options, macro support, and a knob on the left-side that can be assigned different functions. I use the knob for volume, it also clicks in and different functions can be assigned to single-click & double-click. I use the single-click for mute.

My only real gripe with the keyboard is the knob is a little difficult to turn due to it being tight and having a smooth rubber ring around it that results in fingers sliding over it instead of gripping easily.