anyone know anything about a wifi sniffer?

my girl's work apperarently have a "wifi sniffer " at her work...but she has to be able to use the wifi so that her calls and messages actually go out and come in bc her service is shit there. Im going to have her install tunnel bear so that her work cant monitor her phone traffic.am i doing the right thing? if anyone has an alternative idea for her to be able to use the wifi at her work to be able to have her cell signal boosted please let me know... btw im new just joined the forum about a few mins ago so if im not posting correctly please let me know also. thank you for your time and i hope to figure this out

I don't see anything wrong with it, but keep in mind that she is using a company resource and they may not like her using a VPN because they can't monitor what she's doing to make sure she's not using it for something against company policy.

I think you might mean a packet sniffer (analyzes internet traffic), not a wifi sniffer (detects available wifi signals), and like @Mira Yurizaki said, the company still might not like her for using it because it wont tell you what kind of traffic she's having, but they could still tell from what device it's coming from. Just because you're hiding it, doesn't mean that you're not breaking company policies if they don't allow personal usage like that.

WINDOWS HAS NOT DETECTED A KEYBOARD

PLEASE PRESS 'F1' TO CONTINUE OR 'F2' TO ABORT.

ok sweet i was just making sure i was going to use the right thing.... and no its nothing illegal or anything ilike that i know the whole situation lol she just dont like being snooped on by her very little company

7 minutes ago, Jpv810 said:

ok sweet i was just making sure i was going to use the right thing.... and no its nothing illegal or anything ilike that i know the whole situation lol she just dont like being snooped on by her very little company

Yeah just keep in mind, that the company will still see what device it is, and that you are using vpn and that you are using traffic. They just can't see the traffic itself.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

yeah its just a certain person got snuffed out at her work and their lawyers invovled bc of possible embezzlement else were with a different person.... and the snuffed person can get her a better job with them if shit hits the fan.......

just trying to keep in contact with snuffed to cover our asses so my girl dont get snuffed out also ya know what i mean

2 hours ago, Jpv810 said:

and no its nothing illegal or anything ilike that i know the whole situation lol she just dont like being snooped on by her very little company

Illegal? Probably not

Against Company Policy? Maybe

Grounds for termination? Depends on her contract

Worth losing her job for? Not really

Will it even work or will the UTM appliance block proxy traffic? Are you still thinking it's worth it?

@Acedia its just that she wants to keep her options open. and keep her service. she doesnt have a contract. she works at a small diesel service shop... its basicly so she can talk to people on her messenger app.....

5 minutes ago, Jpv810 said:

@Acedia its just that she wants to keep her options open. and keep her service. she doesnt have a contract. she works at a small diesel service shop... its basicly so she can talk to people on her messenger app.....

Instead of working, on company time using company ressources. ?

no not instead lol its to get ahold of me pertaining to our child..... but not the point of the post

@Acedia lets please stay on topic