4k tv that doesn't violate my privacy?

I'm looking for a cheap 4k TV around 400-600$ but I could do 700$ if I have to. I've found 2 that I like an LG with HDR and the whole deal for $400 ish and a Samsung for $500ish with the same goodies. However LG apparently is know for tracking everything (down to sniffing other computers on the network and there contents and web traffic with a packet sniffer) and you have to agree to it otherwise you can't compete the setup (doesn't even let you use it as a dumb tv) and Samsung has the same issue along with audio fluctuating and the LED dimming on half the tv after a couple of months. Any ideas? I'm at a complete loss here.

Vizio lets you disable their content detection software and you can treat it as a dumb tv. I have a E43-f1

On 3/26/2019 at 11:09 PM, Dietrichw said:

Vizio lets you disable their content detection software and you can treat it as a dumb tv. I have a E43-f1

YAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSS thank you

On 3/26/2019 at 11:09 PM, Dietrichw said:

YAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSS thank you

Don't connect your TV to the internet. Should be simple enough. If you want "smart" features get an Apple TV or Chromecast or something.

40 minutes ago, Glinch said:

Don't connect your TV to the internet. Should be simple enough. If you want "smart" features get an Apple TV or Chromecast or something.

Ya but lg locks you out of even HDMI functions until connected and Eula is accepted

6 minutes ago, Turretgaming said:

Ya but lg locks you out of even HDMI functions until connected and Eula is accepted

Don't buy LG then, My fairly new Samsung TV isn't locked out because of lacking internet access.

15 hours ago, Glinch said:

Don't buy LG then, My fairly new Samsung TV isn't locked out because of lacking internet access.

I've heard the Samsung TVs have a back light issue where half the panel is dimmer than the other half over time.

But I'll probably go with Samsung anyway and just get the extended warranty