I think i've really cocked up the planning of my first loop :(

The first thing to say is that I bought my Lian Li PC-O11 case with the intention of air cooling but stupidly failed to realise you cant fit decent air coolers in it.  I tried AIOs but found them to be too noisy.  This led me to deciding to try my first ever custom loop.

I blindly followed the advice of a guy overclock.net about what radiators to choose which is why i have a 30mm and a 60mm, both hardware labs.  The 60mm is a problem.  

And no, i cant blame the guy on overclock.net for this, it's ultimately down to me to choose the right components.

The 60mm is a multiport which i thought would be useful when mounting the radiator on the floor of the case so i could attach a drain port and whatnot.  I quickly realised that with the fans attached there would only be about 5mm between the fans and the GPU.  I've no choice but to mount it on the top.

As you can see it doesn't sit flush with the case because of the sodding plugs in the top two ports. I can just about thread the screws in but no where near 100% without warping the thin metal of the case.

[SPOILER="Top Radiator"]una2fib.jpg[/SPOILER]

I can juuuuuust about managed to get a bendy tube in the top of the res to fill it.

[SPOILER="Res"]vpiAl1K.jpg[/SPOILER]

Apologies for the crappy paint skills in the picture below showing the whole system and loop order. 

I've already bought a ton of soft tube fittings and Mayhems tube and as things currently stand the tubing runs are going to look properly hideous.  I might have to buy some 90 degree fittings and extensions to help get the tubing over and around the fans (i've only installed one fan on each rad for loop planning but i do have three fans for each rad).

[SPOILER="Loop order"]bsXaeMQ.jpg[/SPOILER]

I suppose i could try and return the 60mm rad but in another act of stupidy and i've already flushed it with vinegar and water, who knows if they (not OCUK) will be able to tell and refuse the RMA.

:(

well, another option would be to cut out the metal where those top fittings are on the rad, shouldn't compromise structural integrity. I wouldn't think flushing the rad would make it unreturnable though

desktop

Spoiler

r5 3600,3450@0.9v (0.875v get) 4.2ghz@1.25v (1.212 get) | custom loop cpu&gpu 1260mm nexxos xt45 | MSI b450i gaming ac | crucial ballistix 2x8 3000c15->3733c15@1.39v(1.376v get) |Zotac 2060 amp | 256GB Samsung 950 pro nvme | 1TB Adata su800 | 4TB HGST drive | Silverstone SX500-LG

HTPC

Spoiler

HTPC i3 7300 | Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H | 16GB G Skill | Adata XPG SX8000 128GB M.2 | Many HDDs | Rosewill FBM-01 | Corsair CXM 450W

@Goobertron For the clearance issue. some cutting of the case would fix that, or different screwes and some spacers to drop the rad down a bit.

As for the tubing runs. COnsider the yellow runs below.

newpath.png.1d7ce0f4ce1a484bf917351e47b19f7c.png

Consider putting the fans for the bottom rad, under the rad so the tubing doesn't have to deal with bending over the fans.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

2 hours ago, SolarNova said:

COnsider the yellow runs below

loop order doesn't matter, the systems total heat dissipation capacity remains the same. It takes so long for the loop to heat soak, so when you think about running it through the heat producing parts in sequence just doesn't really matter (you might get liquid temps to rise like 0.1ºC from it)

desktop

Spoiler

r5 3600,3450@0.9v (0.875v get) 4.2ghz@1.25v (1.212 get) | custom loop cpu&gpu 1260mm nexxos xt45 | MSI b450i gaming ac | crucial ballistix 2x8 3000c15->3733c15@1.39v(1.376v get) |Zotac 2060 amp | 256GB Samsung 950 pro nvme | 1TB Adata su800 | 4TB HGST drive | Silverstone SX500-LG

HTPC

Spoiler

HTPC i3 7300 | Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H | 16GB G Skill | Adata XPG SX8000 128GB M.2 | Many HDDs | Rosewill FBM-01 | Corsair CXM 450W

25 minutes ago, Cyracus said:

loop order doesn't matter, the systems total heat dissipation capacity remains the same. It takes so long for the loop to heat soak, so when you think about running it through the heat producing parts in sequence just doesn't really matter (you might get liquid temps to rise like 0.1ºC from it)

Wasnt for loop order, rather easier and subjectivly better looking runs.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

On 3/21/2019 at 7:48 PM, Cyracus said:

I thought EKWB recommended the outlet from the pump went directly to the CPU and then to the GPU?

33 minutes ago, BobbyPdue said:

I thought EKWB recommended the outlet from the pump went directly to the CPU and then to the GPU?

The only important thing about loop order is that the pump always needs a supply of water to draw in. I can't think of a good reason why EK would make such a recommendation , the closest I can come is that since they're the most restrictive components to have them next to the pump, but since it's a closed loop it... doesn't matter at all. But you don't have to take my word for it

desktop

Spoiler

HTPC

Spoiler

7 minutes ago, Cyracus said:

The only important thing about loop order is that the pump always needs a supply of water to draw in. I can't think of a good reason why EK would make such a recommendation , the closest I can come is that since they're the most restrictive components to have them next to the pump, but since it's a closed loop it... doesn't matter at all. But you don't have to take my word for it

If there is any trapped air in the loop it will reduce the amount of head pressure and there aren't many places for air to get trapped in a CPU block.  It probably doesn't really matter, I just follow the instructions.