Good parts for Rtx 2080 ti??

Hey everyone. I recently bought an Msi Rtx 2080 Ti Duke OC for gaming on my a 34” 3440x1440 120hz ultrawide monitor. I currently have an i7 7000k, Asus prime z270-A motherboard and 16 gb 2133mhz ram. I am looking to upgrade my motherboard, cpu and ram. Im currently looking at the i7 9700k and the i9 9900k. Which motherboards and ram would best complement my new gpu and these cpus? If you guys can throw some links to parts from newegg I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks in advance.

1 minute ago, roundhouseboy11 said:

There's not much to upgrade to for gaming, 9th gen isn't going to be too much faster in most games

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

2 minutes ago, RFK said:

upgrade to 9th gen not worth the money imo unless you can find an extremely good deal, mobo is fine, ram upgrade to something like corsair vengeance 16gb 3200mhz

Maybe by 12th gen intel will have real IPC gains compared to Skylake, assuming they ever fix 10nm

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

31 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

any budget in mind?

size?

Wanna try to stay around or below the 200USD range. I got a full tower so I should be able go fit most. My current mobo is 12x9.6 inches

Wanna try to stay around or below the 200USD range. I got a full tower so I should be able go fit most. My current mobo is 12x9.6 inches

i assume you mean mobo only?

I would look into the gigabyte aorus z390 line (elite, pro, ultra, master) and asrock extreme4

34 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

There's not much to upgrade to for gaming, 9th gen isn't going to be too much faster in most games

I have run tests and in AAA titles and my Cpu is bottlenecking. Benchmarks for gaming in 2080ti also show substantial improvements when paired with a 7700k and 9th gen ccpus.

1 minute ago, LukeSavenije said:

i assume you mean mobo only?

I would look into the gigabyte aorus z390 line (elite, pro, ultra, master) and asrock extreme4

I heard Gigabyte has a great Z390 series. Do you think they are better then Asus or Msi?

I heard Gigabyte has a great Z390 series. Do you think they are better then Asus or Msi?

MSI and asus do have some okay boards on z390, but they're either out of your budget or just not worth it compared to the aorus linup

that sweet sweet 12 phase

5 minutes ago, roundhouseboy11 said:

I have run tests and in AAA titles and my Cpu is bottlenecking. Benchmarks for gaming in 2080ti also show substantial improvements when paired with a 7700k and 9th gen ccpus.

You'd be going from like 150fps to maybe 170fps in the best case if your 9900K hits 5.2ghz. it's just not worth upgrading purely for gaming. Probably keep waiting a while unless you just have money to throw away.

Spoiler

4 hours ago, LukeSavenije said:

MSI and asus do have some okay boards on z390, but they're either out of your budget or just not worth it compared to the aorus linup

that sweet sweet 12 phase

Yeah, have the AORUS Z390 Master on order now. ?

Currently using the AORUS Z370 Gaming 5 with the 9900K at 5 Ghz all cores and it is working fine for now, although I do think I can get more out of the system once the new board gets here. I think the VRMs are holding it back and limiting me from really pushing it to the max.

I will just throw the 8086K back in the Gaming 5 and use it for something else, I do need to change out my workstation Win 7 machine soon (i5 3rd Gen).

i9 9900K @ 5.0 GHz, NH D15, 32 GB DDR4 3200 GSKILL Trident Z RGB, AORUS Z390 MASTER, EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB, Samsung 860 EVO 1TB, Samsung 860 EVO 500GB, ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q 27", Steel Series APEX PRO, Logitech Gaming Pro Mouse, CM Master Case 5, Corsair AXI 1600W Titanium. 

i7 8086K, AORUS Z370 Gaming 5, 16GB GSKILL RJV DDR4 3200, EVGA 2080TI FTW3 Ultra, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB, (2)SAMSUNG 860 EVO 500 GB, Acer Predator XB1 XB271HU, Corsair HXI 850W.

i7 8700K, AORUS Z370 Ultra Gaming, 16GB DDR4 3000, EVGA 1080Ti FTW3 Ultra, Samsung 960 EVO 250GB, Corsair HX 850W.