Fiio E10K Headphone Amplifier/DAC

zrmaxwell

Is it any good? Would you recommend it at its current price of 76 USD? I am thinking of purchasing one but i wanted to know if i should try and save up some more money for a better DAC for my computer.. 

E10K is crap. FXAudio DACX6 is the best thing for that money, but depends on what headphones.

Eh.. I've decided to just stick to in ear headphones. They offer more isolation than closed back headphones in my opinion (they go directly in your ears, cutting off outside noise given that the proper ear tips are used, and most importantly you can find ones that do not require a headphone amplifier to be driven properly.. you can run them off a smartphone.)  

3 minutes ago, zrmaxwell said:

Eh.. I've decided to just stick to in ear headphones. They offer more isolation than closed back headphones in my opinion (they go directly in your ears, cutting off outside noise given that the proper ear tips are used, and most importantly you can find ones that do not require a headphone amplifier to be driven properly.. you can run them off a smartphone.)  

was gonna say grab fiio k3 instead just a bit more expensive abut a lot better. but youve made up your mind

FiiO K3 ( Portable ) is currently probs the best budget dac/amp combo for not so power hungry headphones ( would drive HD650 etc ).
DAC-X6 ( Non-Portable ) is the best powerful DAC/AMP combo ( good budget option for Planar headphones and something like DT 770, 880, 990 250/600ohm ).

8 hours ago, Exaco said:

FiiO K3 ( Portable ) is currently probs the best budget dac/amp combo for not so power hungry headphones ( would drive HD650 etc ).
DAC-X6 ( Non-Portable ) is the best powerful DAC/AMP combo ( good budget option for Planar headphones and something like DT 770, 880, 990 250/600ohm ).

Fiio k3 isn't portable it doesn't have a battery pack. It's basically the successor to the e10k

On 3/20/2019 at 5:48 PM, rice guru said:

Fiio k3 isn't portable it doesn't have a battery pack. It's basically the successor to the e10k

Yeah but i mean u can use it with your laptop etc while traveling for example, while DAC-X6 needs Wall outlet.

3 hours ago, Exaco said:

Yeah but i mean u can use it with your laptop etc while traveling for example, while DAC-X6 needs Wall outlet.

True