Being content with one’s life

Txe

Now how I describe being content with ones life is a never ending answer in what it truly means it has different meanings for certain people 

What I have learned being well alive is that the defenition of content for me is bliss to not think about what I do next just fun and happiness and that doesn’t come a lot in my own doings nor in others being carefree is what I envy of others for they live a life where they don’t have to worry about how they look like how’s their life or having to dread the next day because nothing bad comes out of their lives only rarely thus the opposite of my situation.

When I think about I’ve been living my life as a people pleaser and for those who live or have lived this life know that at one point the question comes up who am I and it seems easy to answer but when you really think about it it confuses you causing you to not know what is what who is really dear to you and what is real in others and your own world you live in

And this brings up a question for you who is possibly reading this 

Are you content with your life?

Not entirely, as it currently stands... but I'm working toward something better, which makes all the difference.

I try to find brief moments of contentment in the midst of the chaos, when I can forget about the rest of the world and let my mind drift.

Screwdriver specs: Long, pointy. Turns things. Some kind of metal.

Main rig: 

i9-7900x | Asus X299-Prime | 4x8GB G-Skill TridentZ @3300MHz | Samsung 970 Evo 500GB | Intel 5400S 1TB | Corsair HX1200

unRAID server:

Xeon  E5-1630v4 |  Asus X99-E WS | 4x8GB G-Skill DDR4 @2400MHz | Samsung 960 EVO 250GB cache drive | 12TB spinning rust | Corsair RM750X

FreeNAS server:

AMD something-or-other | Asus prebuilt sadness | 8GB DDR3-1600 | 9TB magnetic storage | Potential fire threat

HTPC:

i7-4790 | GTX1650 | Dell Sadness | 12GB DDR3-1600 | Samsung 860 250GB | 1TB magnetic storage | James Loudspeaker SPL3 x2 | Corsair SF450

I always consider ones life worthy if one is constantly trying to improve themselves. It is not true that people are content, I don’t think anyone is, we are all on the same boat. But if we don’t choose to get out of the boat, then we’re in trouble.

For me, contentment has always meant the feeling of both accepting where I am, and feeling positive about where I appear to be going. It's rooted in being able to control my life.

Currently, I'm enjoying the final stages of the life change that saw me take control over my own body, financial and social security, and find a partner that enriches my life. Over the past five years, I have grown from a morbidly obese loner in a dead-end job who was still single and living with his parents at 30, to a married homeowner in a job with future prospects, two cats and a handle on what had become an addiction over the years.

I would say that I am quite content now, and looking forward to whatever challenges come next.