Gift from my Son

Ravenbear

As some of you may have noticed I am a US Army disabled Vet from my signature line.  My oldest son (yes I am an old fart) was a US Army paratrooper with the 101st. He was killed last year in an IED attack.  Today my anniversary and the day he graduated from his (my son) graduation from Airbourne and a couple of days from when he gained his commission. Thanks for getting this far. Today I get this shipment from FedEx and I had to sign for, the thing is I did not order anything. It was several large boxes. And about time the FedEx truck was leaving, my daughter in law and grandkids pulled into the driveway, she helped me get the 4 doxes into the house. It did not occur to me why she and the grandkids showed up, they should be in school. I went to open the boxes and found a letter in one. It was from my son, which revealed all this was an anniversary gift from him, that he had set up before his death. My daughter in law and grandkids were here to see it as she had known about what he wanted to do.  he knew about my budding interest in gaming and PC tech and building systems. In the boxes was everything I needed to overhaul my system and then some. I had told him that I planned on overhauling my system early this year.  He did not know when so as a few of you know I have already started to do that. But he had sent me, MB, GPU's CPU, PSU, case and everything I needed to cool it all. I was stunned, it was like he was still here,  and I guess he was. His widow made sure that it got done.  I am known to be a hard ass, and I do not let much get to me, but I sat on the floor and with my grandkids holding me cried like a baby for a long time.  I'll stop now and save you the rest of the boring details. I just wanted to tell people about it.  I am still letting it sink in as I sit here amongst the boxes and packing.  Value your family folks. Thanks for reading all this sentimental stuff. Hope your day is going well.

I am a disabled Vet who had his hands crushed. Typing is not the easiest thing. So if I misspelled something please understand. Thank you.

Tantibus venit ades profunde tenebris ubi diabolus in ingluviem dentibus maxillas novaculam ubi angeli sulphuris accendit plorat.

CPU Intel i7 9900k Motherboard ROG Maximus XI Code RAM 64gb DDR4 3000mhz Corsair Dominator GPU RTX 2080ti FE x 2 Case Corsair GRAPHITE 780T Storage 2 Western Digital Blue 4 TB HHDs, 1tb Western Digital SSD. Seagate Barracuda 2tb Hybrid drive, and  1 Western Digital M.2 1tb PSU Corsair HX 1200 Displays 1 Samsung U28D590 28in and 1 Samsung C49hg90DMN 49 Cooling Alphacool Eiswolf GPX Pro / Alphacool Eisbaer 240

How sneaky and exciting!

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Damn, this shit hits me hard. That's some real shit your son was able to set up. I'm sure if my dad was able to do something like that (or for my brothers or for my mom), I'd be crying too.

Thank you for your service, too.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

2 hours ago, handymanshandle said:

Damn, this shit hits me hard. That's some real shit your son was able to set up. I'm sure if my dad was able to do something like that (or for my brothers or for my mom), I'd be crying too.

Thank you for your service, too.

From what my daughter in law said he planned to do this before he deployed. She went to a tech nerd we are friends with to make sure it was equipment that was up to date. He always was one to think ahead.   It has hit me hard and brought back a lot of memories.  And you are welcome.

I am a disabled Vet who had his hands crushed. Typing is not the easiest thing. So if I misspelled something please understand. Thank you.

Tantibus venit ades profunde tenebris ubi diabolus in ingluviem dentibus maxillas novaculam ubi angeli sulphuris accendit plorat.

CPU Intel i7 9900k Motherboard ROG Maximus XI Code RAM 64gb DDR4 3000mhz Corsair Dominator GPU RTX 2080ti FE x 2 Case Corsair GRAPHITE 780T Storage 2 Western Digital Blue 4 TB HHDs, 1tb Western Digital SSD. Seagate Barracuda 2tb Hybrid drive, and  1 Western Digital M.2 1tb PSU Corsair HX 1200 Displays 1 Samsung U28D590 28in and 1 Samsung C49hg90DMN 49 Cooling Alphacool Eiswolf GPX Pro / Alphacool Eisbaer 240

Thanks for your service and your story. I hope you're doing well and I'd love it if you could post some pics of the final system

Insanity is not the absence of sanity, but the willingness to ignore it for a purpose. Chaos is the result of this choice. I relish in both.

Reminds me of a coworker of mine who wants to join the marine. His wife, who is 6 months pregnant, adamantly forbids him.

Sudo make me a sandwich