Preferred Tubing  

8 members have voted

1. 1. preferred

• Brass (Chrome by Bitspower)
    • PETG
    • Glass
    • Soft Tubing (Clear)
    • Soft Tubing (Opaque)

alright i really need some input here since im still a bit unsure and the time is coming where i have to decide.

please just vote. which one do you prefer and then maybe why in comments

heres my pros and cons:

Brass            -  looks awesome, hard/impossible to bend therefore needing way more 90° fittings and adding to cost.

PETG           -  very easy to work with, looks ok but feels a little too played out right now. like everyone and their grandma is doing it.

Glass            -  looks cool but hard to differentiate from PETG at the first glance and a bitch to work with

soft (clear)    -  kinda old school, certainly easy to work with, dont know if i like the look though

soft (opaque) - again easy to work with, looks better than clear to me 

so im just not sure between brass and PETG really

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

Depends on the asthetic aim. but i vote Glass.

I like the idea of fittings for bends to help fill out a case. So glass is an ok choice as you dont need to worry about bends. It also looks very nice much clearer than PETG.

Both glass and copper/brass/chrome have the option to be used with subzero liquid systems, rare as they are, so would also be a good choice, with the metal option having the added benefit of having bends used with relative ease.

For 'normal' builds, PETG is most certainly a good choice, but for begineers soft tubing is most certainly recommended, and i would go so far as to say stick with opaque soft tubing so you dont have to worry about staining.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

I prefer the look of PETG/Glass, but the workability of soft tubing. 

3 minutes ago, SolarNova said:

Depends on the asthetic aim. but i vote Glass.

I like the idea of fittings for bends to help fill out a case. So glass is an ok choice as you dont need to worry about bends. It also looks very nice much clearer than PETG.

ok true i agree but i really do fear breaking it and having glass everywhere.

Both glass and copper/brass/chrome have the option to be used with subzero liquid systems, rare as they are, so would also be a good choice, with the metal option having the added benefit of having bends used with relative ease.

well ok very interesting. havent thought about that. but for me im not going subzero and even if i would worry about condensation

For 'normal' builds, PETG is most certainly a good choice, but for begineers soft tubing is most certainly recommended, and i would go so far as to say stick with opaque soft tubing so you dont have to worry about staining.

agreed

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

1 minute ago, cluelessgenius said:

ok true i agree but i really do fear breaking it and having glass everywhere.

well ok very interesting. havent thought about that. but for me im not going subzero and even if i would worry about condensation

The glass tubing is actualy rather sturdy, unless u drop it obviosly, its harder to break than acrylic tubing thats for sure. BUT the cutting it then 'snapping' method can be tricky , i would personly build a simple jig and use a dremil cutting blade to 'cut' the glass rather than using the score and snap method. Ether way once u practice ull get the technique down.

As for conensation on subzero builds, well yea , however the kinda builds using subzero liquid usualy have preventative and/or protective methods built into the system anyway. These are ofc enthusiast level builds.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

23 minutes ago, SolarNova said:

The glass tubing is actualy rather sturdy, unless u drop it obviosly, its harder to break than acrylic tubing thats for sure. BUT the cutting it then 'snapping' method can be tricky , i would personly build a simple jig and use a dremil cutting blade to 'cut' the glass rather than using the score and snap method. Ether way once u practice ull get the technique down.

As for conensation on subzero builds, well yea , however the kinda builds using subzero liquid usualy have preventative and/or protective methods built into the system anyway. These are ofc enthusiast level builds.

had to watch with sound off does he mention where he got the tubing? i only see alphacool offering them at 13 and 16mm radius but then he uses bitspower fittings if i saw that correctly which are 12mm i believe. 13 really binds you to using alphacool fittings which i would want to avoid

EDIT: oh wait or are those 16mm? 

10 minutes ago, cluelessgenius said:

had to watch with sound off does he mention where he got the tubing? i only see alphacool offering them at 13 and 16mm radius but then he uses bitspower fittings if i saw that correctly which are 12mm i believe. 13 really binds you to using alphacool fittings which i would want to avoid

EDIT: oh wait or are those 16mm? 

well you could always use Monsoon Ev2 fittings, they come in 2 sizes (large and small) that fit both imperial and metric tubing.

He is using 13mm. And its mayhems tubing.

3 minutes ago, SolarNova said:

well you could always use Monsoon Ev2 fittings, they come in 2 sizes (large and small) that fit both imperial and metric tubing.

He is using 13mm. And its mayhems tubing.

well shit i cant get mayhems glass. guess if i do go glss i would go 16mm. also love how alphacool offers prebent 90° pieces

EDIT: but then again they also that for brass chrome tubing

EDIT: just noticed availability might be an issue with these.

20 minutes ago, SolarNova said:

again sadly not available here. i mean 16mm isnt that bad is it to be honest besides the visuals i wouldnt know what the difference is or if one is better