200 euro headphones

SuperStroopwafel

Hey guys,

My dad said he had a present for me, he wanted to give me 'the true audio experience'. He said I can grab headphones up to 200 euro. :D

Alto 200 euro for everything, If I need a AMP etc. I'm willing to pay some myself if needed. 

I will use the headphones for gaming, listening to music and making music myself (on the computer.)

I like hardstyle (so that's bass.) But also house and some old school pop.

Looking forward to the suggestions. Buying from Holland

Thanks

If you can stretch you budget a bit you maybe able to get DT 990 Pro and a Fiio E10.

Sadly the Fiio is not available here D: 

If you can stretch you budget a bit you maybe able to get DT 990 Pro and a Fiio E10.

No wait he is :D But very limited so it's gonna be expensive

I have the Sennheiser PC350se and i really like them.

Thanks, I'm considering them. 

Hey guys,

My dad said he had a present for me, he wanted to give me 'the true audio experience'. He said I can grab headphones up to 200 euro. :D

Alto 200 euro for everything, If I need a AMP etc. I'm willing to pay some myself if needed. 

I will use the headphones for gaming, listening to music and making music myself (on the computer.)

I like hardstyle (so that's bass.) But also house and some old school pop.

Looking forward to the suggestions. Buying from Holland

Thanks

Could you show me a site that you would buy tech from Holland.

PROFILEYEAH

What do people even put in these things?

berdynamic provides good bass for that price range, look into DT 770 or 880's 32 or 80 ohm versions

if you NEED a dedicated amp, since you don't have fiio over there, you can look into zero or o2 amps

berdynamic provides good bass for that price range, look into DT 770 or 880's 32 or 80 ohm versions

if you NEED a dedicated amp, since you don't have fiio over there, you can look into zero or o2 amps

Thanks kittycat, appreciate it! 

btw we have Fiio, something weird happend :D

I'd take a look at the Sennheiser HD558 if you can. However these are open, so they will leak some sound, and let in some sound. EDIT: not a lot of bass though, my eyes failed me, didn't see that you wanted a strong bass.

inb4 M50 suggestions- I strongly recommend you get something else, like Shure SRH440 with 840 pads, or if you wanna spend more money than necessary, Shure SRH840. these are monitoring headphones (sort of), they are closed, so  they don't leak that much sound. Sennheiser 380 Pro and 280 Pro are also some monitoring headphones. You could also look at beyerdynamic headphones, they usually have a nice strong bass, but most of them are 80 or 250 ohm headphones, where you will need a headphone amp. Your motherboard might have one though, what kind do you have?

Edited by Lauen

Reviews: JBL J33i   M50s   SRH440   Soundmagic PL50           

btw we have Fiio, something weird happend :D

I'd still recommend a Zero or O2 amp over an e10, get an e10 if that's what you need to fit your budget

Rig: i7 2600K @ 4.2GHz, Larkooler Watercooling System, MSI Z68a-gd80-G3, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHz CL9, Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce 3x 2GB OC, Samsung 840 250GB, 1TB WD Caviar Blue, Auzentech X-FI Forte 7.1, XFX PRO650W, Silverstone RV02 Monitors: Asus PB278Q, LG W2243S-PF (Gaming / overclocked to 74Hz) Peripherals: Logitech G9x Laser, QPad MK-50, AudioTechnica ATH AD700

I'd take a look at the Sennheiser HD558 if you can. However these are open, so they will leak some sound, and let in some sound. EDIT: not a lot of bass though, my eyes failed me, didn't see that you wanted a strong bass.

inb4 M50 suggestions- I strongly recommend you get something else, like Shure SRH440 with 840 pads, or if you wanna spend more money than necessary, Shure SRH840. these are monitoring headphones (sort of), they are closed, so  they don't leak that much sound. Sennheiser 380 Pro and 280 Pro are also some monitoring headphones. You could also look at beyerdynamic headphones, they usually have a nice strong bass, but most of them are 80 or 250 ohm headphones, where you will need a headphone amp. Your motherboard might have one though, what kind do you have?

I really like the Sennheiser HD 558, they are 'only' 120 here. So I can purchase something else too. But I have a MSI Z87-G45 motherboard. I knew the specific soundcard, But I dont remember it :P It has Audio boost I can tell you that.

I really like the Sennheiser HD 558, they are 'only' 120 here. So I can purchase something else too. But I have a MSI Z87-G45 motherboard. I knew the specific soundcard, But I dont remember it :P It has Audio boost I can tell you that.

Realtek ALC1150.

The same as almost any other Z87 mobo.

Also to get a Fiio amp the best option would be Mp4nation.

And where did you find a 558 for €120?

System:
4670k@4,7Ghz <fully stable ( and 5Ghz, incredible unstable)| Asus Maximus VI Hero | G.Skill TridentX 16GB 2400Mhz C10 | AMD XFX R9 290 OC'ed (locked, Elpida) Cooled by a Kraken G10&X40 w/ NF-A14 | NZXT Phantom 530 | 2TB Seagate Barracuda | Samsung EVO 250GB | Cooler Master V850 | QNIX QX2710 @110Hz | Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2 | Ducky Shine 3 ^^ | Madcatz R.A.T. 5 | Brainwavz Delta's |

Realtek ALC1150.

http://www.bobshop.nl/nl/beeld-en-geluid/hoofdtelefoons/sennheiser-premium/sennheiser/hd-558-hoofdtelefoon/p45375?ref=tweakers&utm_source=tweakers.net&utm_medium=vergelijker&utm_campaign=datafeed

and I have a 10 euro coupon.

With the audio boost, it probably has a 600 ohm headphone amplifier, which might have a 10 ohm or more output impedace, like my Xonar D2X. then you'd be better off getting a higher impedance headphone, like one of those beyerdynamic ones. I know many people here like the DT990's, which are open, so they're good for anything from gaming to music and movies. Then there's the DT880's, which are fairly neutral, and are semi-open. I know Logan from Tek Syndicate likes them, and he listens to metal. then there's the DT770's, which are closed, and have quite the bass, though some people might call it loose.

with the headphone amp (not sure if it has a high output impedance, but I think so) it might ruin the bass response of lower impedance headphones, as far as I've heard.

Realtek ALC1150.

the 558's also cost about 130 euro in Norway, woo

I love my new DT 770 PROs (250 Ohm version). I would stay away from any 80 Ohm Beyerdynamic pair because, the 770s for sure and maybe the 880s and 990s, have a slight different design compared to the 32 Ohm or 250 Ohm version which makes them produce a bit different sound (a lot of base mostly). Also usually the higher impedance versions are cheaper (at least 50 euros difference between the 80 and 250 Ohm versions in my country, 200 and 145 respectively). I would also get an O2 amp+DAC if your motherboard doesn't have an amp. The 770s being closed headphones have a lot of strong and satisfying base (I'm a basehead too). Here is a good guide about Beyerdynamic headphones: http://www.head-fi.org/t/513393/guide-sonic-differences-between-dt770-dt990-models-more

Why do i always get blue screens? Why not a red one for a change?

Spoiler

CPU: 2920x  GPU: Sapphire HD 7950 Vapor X  MOBO: X399 Taichi  RAM: 4x 8GB Trident Z RGN 3200/14  CASE: 900D  OS SSD: Samsung 960 Evo 512GB  Storage: 20TB NAS  PSU: Corsair RM1000i  CPU COOLER: NH-U14S TR4 OS: Arch Linux Keyboard: Ducky Shine 3 TKL  Mouse: MX Master 2S Headphones: BD DT 770 PRO 250 Ohm

+1 for the shures, don't go for the 380 or 280 pro unless you want really flat, neutral headphones. If you can get a amp with a pair of bt770 that would be pretty good as well. Also the v-moda m80 and m100 might be you cup of tea although they might be out of your price range.

My rig: i7 930 oc to 3.4 ghz, GA-X58A-UD3R, 6GB of ocz ram, antec nine hundred two, seasonic g 650, gigabyte 7970 OC, 120 GB Samsung 840, 1TB Seagate barracuda. Cm storm trigger mx browns and a steelseries sensei raw.

Custom One Pro maybe? 

Everything I post is based of bits and pieces I've read somewhere else.

I have most likely never tested any of the things I recommend or advise against.

Think of me as a information relay, I read it, process it, then post it.