Stacking cpu cores?

4 minutes ago, Enderman said:

1) lol there are tons of things that affect the efficiency of a CPU that have nothing to do with node size (for example gate shape, path layering, or even different materials as you mentioned yourself). Shrinking nodes is not done just for efficiency, there are many other reasons they do that.

3) go ahead and try to stick a phase compressor in an AIO, see how that goes, lol.

1) All of those things would still require a new CPU, you can't increase efficiency on a product that already exists. Though granted, yes I was wrong on this one.

2) No, I was talking about how it might be possible to reach 8Ghz without quantum tunneling.

3) We weren't discussing AIOs, we were discussing if it's possible to do sub ambient coolers in a "at home" build and it already is possible, just very impractical.

4) OK Mr 8GHz stable in perpetuity.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

10 minutes ago, 19_blackie_73 said:

yeah that's true, but intel still already passes the 5GHz number despite new additional stuff. And with each generation they tend to increase the clockspeed a bit so 8Ghz will come some day, maybe not tomorrow or the day after tomorrow, but eventually. Remember 4th gen i7 ended by 4.4 turbo, so they already pushed it another .6GHz. I won't say that increasing the cpu speed alone makes everything a gazillion times faster, you need other stuff to improve too.

It may top out at 6-7... 8 might be possible. But we are getting close to the ceiling now. Until/unless we change CPUs entirely. Unlike the good old days of 100mhz processors where the sky was the limit. I mean, 15 years ago I had a prescot that was 3HGZ! My laptop actually runs slower! (But is more efficient, has 2 cores, so out performs the prescot, though some prescots were 2 core IIRC).

Now we do get 5-7ghz in overclocking. So it is possible. 8 might start to hit the power/tunneling/reliability limit on silicon. 

1 minute ago, Master Disaster said:

1) All of those things would still require a new CPU, you can't increase efficiency on a product that already exists. Though granted, yes I was wrong on this one.

3) We weren't discussing AIOs, we were discussing if it's possible to do sub ambient coolers in a "at home" build and it already is possible, just very impractical.

1) yeah obviously a new CPU is required to have 8GHz at home, I was just pointing out that 8GHz already exists and is possible.

3) READ WHAT OP SAID

"One thing I was curious about,  is there all in one liquid coolers that have a built in chiller to bring down the water temps?"

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

23 minutes ago, Enderman said:

3) Go take a look at what a water chiller is on google images.

Water chillers are AIOs now then? You moved the goals, not me.

And no, you said 8GHz Stable is possible, the Stable part changes the statement dramatically.

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

2 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

Water chillers are AIOs now then? You moved the goals, not me.

And no, you said 8GHz Stable is possible, the Stable part changes the statement dramatically.

????????

OP asked about putting a chiller in an AIO, I told you to look up what a water chiller is because clearly you don't understand that it will not fit in an AIO.

I never said anything about a water chiller being an AIO. Your reading comprehension is at a solid 3/10 right now dude ?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

28 minutes ago, Enderman said:

????????

OP asked about putting a chiller in an AIO, I told you to look up what a water chiller is because clearly you don't understand that it will not fit in an AIO.

I never said anything about a water chiller being an AIO. Your reading comprehension is at a solid 3/10 right now dude ?

Still a full 2 points ahead of your extreme overclocking comprehension.

You keep clawing at the one thing you think you have over me in a vein attempt to keep some semblance of self dignity.

Meanwhile those who actually read the topic will understand that the conversation moved beyond AIOs long ago, OP was talking about using stream water and I was talking about how miniaturising water coolers was possible but unnecessary because of phase changing.

But hey, its fine, you totally ignore the rest of my posts because they not only do not fit your agenda but also prove you wrong and you focus on that one thing that you think I got wrong. ?