3 fans connection to one mother connector

davidst95
Go to solution Solved by Blai5e,
4 minutes ago, davidst95 said:

Hi, I have 3 Noctua NF-F12 PWN 120mm fans.   I would like to hook all three to one fan connector on my motherboard to keep them all in sync.   Is this a safe thing to do?   I have a Gigabyte Gaming 7 X299 motherboard.   Thank you.

David

Most modern motherboards fan headers can handle up to 1A, the Noctua NF-F12 PWN 120mm fan is quotes as using 0.05A so 3 would be stay well under the maximum threshold load for the motherboard header.

Just for info, anyone who uses a Corsair Commander Pro - don't stack more than 2 fans to a header port. It may work but it'll probably cause problems with the CoPro down the track.

Hi, I have 3 Noctua NF-F12 PWN 120mm fans.   I would like to hook all three to one fan connector on my motherboard to keep them all in sync.   Is this a safe thing to do?   I have a Gigabyte Gaming 7 X299 motherboard.   Thank you.

David

5 hours ago, davidst95 said:

David

yah

wait. just saw it said to one connecter. I would do some more reserch about that

Edited by LukeTheCoder05

I'm gonna go find my own tech support...

with BLACKJACK and HOOKERS!

(Welcome to LTT Forums)

4 minutes ago, davidst95 said:

David

Most modern motherboards fan headers can handle up to 1A, the Noctua NF-F12 PWN 120mm fan is quotes as using 0.05A so 3 would be stay well under the maximum threshold load for the motherboard header.

Just for info, anyone who uses a Corsair Commander Pro - don't stack more than 2 fans to a header port. It may work but it'll probably cause problems with the CoPro down the track.

I was about to say exactly what Blai5e said. Its safe to do that.

Main system: Ryzen 7 7800X3D / Asus ROG Strix B650E / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 32GB 6000Mhz / Powercolor RX 7900 XTX Red Devil/ EVGA 750W GQ / NZXT H5 Flow

4 hours ago, Blai5e said:

Thanks for the info about the amps.