2200g/B350 not detecting NVMe drive

So I bought a Ryzen 3 2200g CPU, an HP EX900 M.2 SSD, and an ASRock B350 Gaming ITX/ac motherboard for a small home server build I'm doing. I hoped to use the SSD as a boot drive so I don't have to wait on the slow WD Red to do the boot sequence, but the SSD doesn't seem to be detected by the BIOS or by the Ubuntu 18.04 installer.

I've read that the Vega graphics on the CPU take up some of the PCIe lanes that the M.2 slot would normally use, but even with a discrete gpu installed and the bios set to use external graphics the drive does not show up. I've also updated the BIOS as far as it currently goes (v5.30 from the included v4.70) and it has made no difference either. I've dug around in the BIOS and found an "Enable NVMe" setting that says "set this to enabled if nvme device is not detected" but that didn't help either.

Any ideas how to fix this?

I’ve had a chance to test the drive with other systems, and it will show up on another B350 system I have, and that systems NVMe drive shows up on this board. I’ve reinstalled the drive after testing all this and it still does not show.

9 hours ago, technodude9000 said:

I’ve had a chance to test the drive with other systems, and it will show up on another B350 system I have, and that systems NVMe drive shows up on this board. I’ve reinstalled the drive after testing all this and it still does not show.

Broken port?