Quick Idea, just dropping on the table.

I have been thinking about this a while, and I always wanted to see a video of someone just review a builds that people have made, like say a person has build computer under $500, and then like say Linus reviews computer spec, test on benchmark and then gives a full review of what he thinks of the build and says what could have been changed or replaced to make it better. And this kind of things could be done like 1 month because they already have to make a lot of videos and that be costly to do because they have to build themselves the PC and see what good and what's bad about it. And that's the idea that I am just dropping on the table to see if anybody is interested as I am, like come on, anybody would like to see Linus build their PC and say stuff about how much sucks. No, but I think it would be an awesome video to do ones a month, and people could post their specs on the forum and attach a pic of pc and then later decide what build to that month. Don't that I am asking for this to happen, I am just saying it would a cool idea to do.

if i understand right.

you want to give LMG a list of components you want to buy for a PC, they build it then benchmark/review it, you can then decide if you want to buy said components?

They would basically be making a video for a single person then.

Wouldn't work.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

Awesomehardware (Kyle Bitwit's and Paul from Paul's Hardware's podcast/livestream/weekly news thingy) often (used to?) do this segment.

People could send in their PC build (as a list + picture) and they would rate it and tell people what to change (if anything, people could always ask "what you recommend to upgrade"  or "what videocard would be a good step up"  like questions) and they would also rate things like the cable management + how well it all fit together.

LTT also used to have a 'build of the week' section on the WAN show.

Also, Paul from Paul's hardware already does these type of monthly builds (with a set budget, not always a low one too), which he builds and benchmarks.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

No I mean people share specs of their computer of what they use to game on and they attach a pic of the PC in real life, then people will see a video of where it's being tested. And the audience will see what builds other people have maybe, will find something they like it and probably will help them build their own computer. And yea there are videos of other YouTubers making $500, and $1000 but when I was building my computer, I didn't know how it will perform because the low amount of videos on specs I used and yea still not a lot and I don't know what to upgrade besides the motherboard and CPU. And maybe I am wrong about this and it's just my ego that just wants to post stuff and expects that be liked and later happen.

13 hours ago, GameMark said:

No I mean people share specs of their computer of what they use to game on and they attach a pic of the PC in real life, then people will see a video of where it's being tested. And the audience will see what builds other people have maybe, will find something they like it and probably will help them build their own computer. And yea there are videos of other YouTubers making $500, and $1000 but when I was building my computer, I didn't know how it will perform because the low amount of videos on specs I used and yea still not a lot and I don't know what to upgrade besides the motherboard and CPU. And maybe I am wrong about this and it's just my ego that just wants to post stuff and expects that be liked and later happen.

Still problem remains same. It will be answer for single person. Full review takes time. So does giving meaningful advice/opinion. Thats why forums were created back in the day. Linus would do flash questions from chat/twitter. Often those were about certain parts like "Is X better than Y" or full specs list and use. Having such questions over Twitter is problematic as it leaves too much open for discussion. So rather than having opinion of person who doesn't really do budget builds personally and rarely as general content they opted of having 10+ people review spec list and give out their opinions. Also known as New Builds and Planning subforum.

Another issue is that Canada/US has some different parts that either aren't available in other countries, or pricing is so different that it would require deeper inspectation of pricing to give out good option for better choices.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

This would only be a new idea if you actually sent the PC in.

Who pays for the shipping? Would you like to be without the said PC whole it goes to/from and probably has to wait for a filming slot? Could be without it for weeks!

unless the pc is actually in their studio it would make a pretty boring video.

i5 8600 - RX580 - Fractal Nano S - 1080p 144Hz