Jump to content

Q9550 Overclocking

Look at the used market, NH-D14s can go for under €40 where I live

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

 

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

 

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

Look at the used market, NH-D14s can go for under €40 where I live

definitely not an option, there is no used 1 even the new 1 is very expensive

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Get a Hyper 212 for your CPU and in terms of a graphics card, a used GTX750Ti would be perfect. Should be under $100 total.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, NelizMastr said:

Get a Hyper 212 for your CPU and in terms of a graphics card, a used GTX750Ti would be perfect. Should be under $100 total.

well there is no hyper 212 and 750Ti has the same worth as rx 560/460

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Oalei said:

well there is no hyper 212 and 750Ti has the same worth as rx 560/460

I'm talking 2nd hand GPU obviously. Don't buy new if you can't afford to buy at least midrange.

 

Also, what coolers CAN you buy? I guess you don't live in a particularly tech friendly part of the world.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, NelizMastr said:

I'm talking 2nd hand GPU obviously. Don't buy new if you can't afford to buy at least midrange.

 

Also, what coolers CAN you buy? I guess you don't live in a particularly tech friendly part of the world.

im thinking about raijintek aidos, CM Hyper TX3 evo, and arctic freezer 7 Pro rev.2. literally the same price as a for the used 1. Miskakes were made there is hyper 212 turbo

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Oalei said:

im thinking about raijintek aidos, CM Hyper TX3 evo, and arctic freezer 7 Pro rev.2. literally the same price as a for the used 1 

Raijintek. It's on par with bigger coolers like the 212 EVO (but, I mean, what isn't on par with the evblow these days?). I wouldn't touch the TX3 EVO. It's not going to perform as well as the Aidos. The Arctic is a toss-up for me. I like the cooler itself and have used it in the past, but I don't know that an open-shroud fan and three heatpipes can beat the performance of the Aidos' four heatpipe, closed-fan design.

I enjoy buying junk and sinking more money than it's worth into it to make it less junk.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

Raijintek. It's on par with bigger coolers like the 212 EVO (but, I mean, what isn't on par with the evblow these days?). I wouldn't touch the TX3 EVO. It's not going to perform as well as the Aidos. The Arctic is a toss-up for me. I like the cooler itself and have used it in the past, but I don't know that an open-shroud fan and three heatpipes can beat the performance of the Aidos' four heatpipe, closed-fan design.

aidos is cheaper and im thinking of Thermal Paste MX4 either, is the extra cost for paste going to make the cooler better?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Oalei said:

aidos is cheaper and im thinking of Thermal Paste MX4 either, is the extra cost for paste going to make the cooler better?

No. Aside from liquid metal and Chinese crap in a jar, all pastes are within 1-3C of each other. The paste that comes with it is fine.

I enjoy buying junk and sinking more money than it's worth into it to make it less junk.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, aisle9 said:

No. Aside from liquid metal and Chinese crap in a jar, all pastes are within 1-3C of each other. The paste that comes with it is fine.

I'm wondering is a 0.5mm dust filter thin enough for the case fan

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×