IHS slid slightly, remove again and reapply paste or no?

Deepsea

First post.  Hello!   I usually just search for every thing and get an answer, but didn’t find an exact match and I want to make doubly sure I’m not messing something up.

after I delidded my 8700k I applied some conductonaut between the die and IHS and put it into motherboard.  All was well in that regard.  However, motherboard had issues and I had to RMA.  As I remove the CPU, the IHS (which I chose not to glue a corner at the time) moved slightly, perhaps an 1/8 of an inch.  I put it back into place.  Should I take the IHS off and replace the old conductonaut with some new or will it not hurt anything?  Mind you the CPU had mere minutes of operating time so when I say “old” it’s really not old, per se.  

I have more thermal grizzly and the safest bet would be to just replace it, this logic is not lost on me.  However I’m curious to simply know if this is even an issue to begin with.

thanks for taking the time to read this post.

Check your temps. It should be fine.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.