If you had a choice

Txe

What would you pick for more of a long term setup

Massdrop Liquid Carbon X + SDAC DAC/Amp

Massdrop Objective 2 Headphone Amp: Desktop Edition + Massdrop x Grace Design Standard DAC

ATOM AMP + OL DAC 

Atom amp and OL DAC for me personally if I had to pick one or the other of those. Unfortunately, none of those meet my needs so I wouldn't be able to use them anyway.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

46 minutes ago, KaminKevCrew said:

Atom amp and OL DAC for me personally if I had to pick one or the other of those. Unfortunately, none of those meet my needs so I wouldn't be able to use them anyway.

Thanks i asked another question onto another forum and i have narrowed it down to the

Massdrop Liquid Carbon X + SDAC Dac/Amp 

Massdrop x THX AAA™ 789 Linear Amplifier(The drops still inactive) + Massdrop x Grace Design Standard DAC

So i have two questions 

first do you know the price Massdrop x THX AAA™ 789 Linear Amplifier 

second now its narrowed down to these two which ones better in a long term setup

15 hours ago, Txe said:

snip...

The THX is by FAR the better amp. It's $350 for the amp alone. 

I probably wouldn't pair it with the Grace Design DAC though - something like an EL DAC from JDS labs would probably be a better choice.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

On 3/3/2019 at 2:15 PM, KaminKevCrew said:

The THX is by FAR the better amp. It's $350 for the amp alone. 

I probably wouldn't pair it with the Grace Design DAC though - something like an EL DAC from JDS labs would probably be a better choice.

Do you know any cheaper DAC's that would work well with the THX @KaminKevCrew

Atom and SDAC is what I would pick or a cavelli monolith liquid spark and a sdac for a competitor for the odac o2 option as they run the same price and are better options. but I would splurge If I had the cash of a liquid carbon for a THX AAA and run maybe an SDAC. MY experience with dacs have always been any amp with an ODAC/SDAC. so Im not sure on that front.