Is my cooling installed correctly?

DotoreN
Go to solution Solved by Fasauceome,
4 minutes ago, DotoreN said:

But my PSU then blows towards the bottom of my PC? There's no vent's or anything.

So the bottom of your case has no openings for air? Then I guess you have to leave the power supply the way it is if there's no way to intake air.

My PSU currently blows towards my GPU and my GPU down to my PSU.

If my temperatures are fine, should I then still reinstall my PSU somewhere else or is this fine?

CPU is around 60-70c under load (valley)

GPU is around 67-70c under load (valley)

8WNu3HY.jpg

Just now, Velcade said:

Flip your PSU around my dude.

But my PSU then blows towards the bottom of my PC? There's no vent's or anything.

3 minutes ago, DotoreN said:

My PSU currently blows towards my GPU and my GPU down to my PSU.

I think you have it backwards, the graphics card blows up and away from the PSU and the PSU blows down and away from the graphics card. Since the fans are pulling against each other, there's probably some turbulence so you'll reduce temps and/or noise by having the PSU intake air from the bottom of the PC.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

gpu doesn't blow air down, it sucks air in, so having the power supply fan up has the gpu and psu fighting for air. If there's no way for it to get air through the bottom of your case not much you can do about it though, at least your temps are ok for you

desktop

Spoiler

r5 3600,3450@0.9v (0.875v get) 4.2ghz@1.25v (1.212 get) | custom loop cpu&gpu 1260mm nexxos xt45 | MSI b450i gaming ac | crucial ballistix 2x8 3000c15->3733c15@1.39v(1.376v get) |Zotac 2060 amp | 256GB Samsung 950 pro nvme | 1TB Adata su800 | 4TB HGST drive | Silverstone SX500-LG

HTPC

Spoiler

HTPC i3 7300 | Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H | 16GB G Skill | Adata XPG SX8000 128GB M.2 | Many HDDs | Rosewill FBM-01 | Corsair CXM 450W

The fan is an intake of air and the exhaust side of the PSU is the 'mesh' rear.  This, of course, assumes you have ventilation at the bottom of your case under your PSU. 

"And I'll be damned if I let myself trip from a lesser man's ledge"

1 minute ago, Cyracus said:

gpu doesn't blow air down, it sucks air in, so having the power supply fan up has the gpu and psu fighting for air. If there's no way for it to get air through the bottom of your case not much you can do about it though, at least your temps are ok for you

yea I see, I believe my old PSU is in the top right corner (white/blue box) and still don't know why it's still there. I could someday maybe put it there. But aslong as my GPU/CPU temps are fine I guess there's no problem for now right? Also I can't check my PSU temps, can I assume it's fine even though it's "fighting for air" ?

So the bottom of your case has no openings for air? Then I guess you have to leave the power supply the way it is if there's no way to intake air.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 minute ago, DotoreN said:

https://blog.nzxt.com/which-way-should-a-psu-fan-point/

CPU
Intel® Core i9 9900K 8 Core 16 Threads
Motherboard
ASUS® ROG Strix Z390-E
Memory (RAM)
32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB
Graphics Card
MSI RTX 2080 Gaming X Trio

1st Drive

500GB Samsung 970 EVO NVME 

2nd Drive

1TB Samsung 970 EVO NVME
3rd Hard Disk
480GB KINGSTON HYPERX 3K SSD, SATA 6 Gb/s (upto 540MB/sR | 450MB/sW)
4th Hard Disk
2TB 3.5" SEAGATE SSHD, SATA 6Gb/s 7200 RPM

5th Hard Disk
2TB 3.5" SEAGATE SSHD, SATA 6Gb/s 7200 RPM
Power Supply
CORSAIR 850W RM SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET 
Processor Cooling
Corsair H150i Pr 360mm AIO

Case:

Lian Li O11 Air

8 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

Apparently it does, it was blocked. Ill turn my psu vent facing down right now.

1 minute ago, DotoreN said:

Apparently it does, it was blocked. Ill turn my psu vent facing down right now.

Very nice, the difference may not be much but at least you can take comfort in the fact that there's no potential issue.

Primary PC: