Budget Ryzen R5 2400g build (client request)

Galion

Silverstone SG13 

Ryzen R5 2400G 

Gigabyte Aorus B450i gaming pro wifi 

Adata XPG SX8200 pro 256gb nvme m.2 

Crucial MX500 1tb 2.5 inch 

Corsair SF450 SFX 450w 80+gold modular 

Games : Apex, Pub-G, Smite, Dirt Rally, Overwatch,

Is this enough for 1080p med?

Best Value Build List

Budget 1080p System (RGB) https://pcpartpicker.com/list/7v2Lmq - (this build comes with two free games with the RX 570) 

PUBG may struggle a little bit, it's still not very well optimized.

I would get a normal M.2 SSD and a 1TB HDD, and see if you can fit a proper GPU in the budget.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

1 minute ago, Galion said:

Silverstone SG13 

Ryzen R5 2400G 

Gigabyte Aorus B450i gaming pro wifi 

Adata XPG SX8200 pro 256gb nvme m.2 

Crucial MX500 1tb 2.5 inch 

Corsair SF450 SFX 450w 80+gold modular 

Games : Apex, Pub-G, Smite, Dirt Rally, Overwatch,

Is this enough for 1080p med?

I would assume so. The R5 2400G performs around the level of a GT 1030/RX 550, if that helps.

I enjoy buying junk and sinking more money than it's worth into it to make it less junk.

5 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

I would assume so. The R5 2400G performs around the level of a GT 1030/RX 550, if that helps.

Will the motherboard still work for Zen 2 he says he's waiting for it to upgrade? 

Best Value Build List

Budget 1080p System (RGB) https://pcpartpicker.com/list/7v2Lmq - (this build comes with two free games with the RX 570) 

13 minutes ago, Galion said:

Silverstone SG13 

I can certainly vouch for this one

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 hour ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

I would get a normal M.2 SSD and a 1TB HDD, and see if you can fit a proper GPU in the budget.

I would also recommend cutting back on the ssds and trying to get a discrete gpu, thats going to be the main bottleneck.

1 hour ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

PUBG may struggle a little bit, it's still not very well optimized.

1 hour ago, Galion said:

lol hello again, the SG13 fanboy

I did say that to him but he says he wants to wait for navi. 

Best Value Build List

6 hours ago, Manderis said:

If he is waiting to upgrade get a 2200g plus a used rx580/480

I wouldn't do that. If you go that route, you're stuck with a 2200G later on. I'd just bite the bullet and get a 2400G. If the budget allows, I'd consider getting an R5 2600 and a cheapo RX 570 instead, but if not the 2400G would be my first choice.

I enjoy buying junk and sinking more money than it's worth into it to make it less junk.

53 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

I wouldn't do that. If you go that route, you're stuck with a 2200G later on. I'd just bite the bullet and get a 2400G. If the budget allows, I'd consider getting an R5 2600 and a cheapo RX 570 instead, but if not the 2400G would be my first choice.

If he is waiting for Zen2/Navi and wants just a usable pc right now without swapping mb/psu/storage/case/ram I would maybe even go a much more drastic approach. 

Get the cheapest used am4 chip you can get (maybe 200GE) and a cepo but usable gpu (gtx 970/1050ti or rx 470/570, 480/580) whatever you can get for around 100 $ these days on the used marked. 

This should handle all those titles on medium (maybe not pubg if it is as badly optimized as it was a year ago). 

But that might just be me because I hate loosing money on reselling something 

48 minutes ago, Manderis said:

If he is waiting for Zen2/Navi and wants just a usable pc right now without swapping mb/psu/storage/case/ram I would maybe even go a much more drastic approach. 

Get the cheapest used am4 chip you can get (maybe 200GE) and a cepo but usable gpu (gtx 970/1050ti or rx 470/570, 480/580) whatever you can get for around 100 $ these days on the used marked. 

This should handle all those titles on medium (maybe not pubg if it is as badly optimized as it was a year ago). 

But that might just be me because I hate loosing money on reselling something 

Contrary to what some YouTubers keep pushing, I am not in any way a fan of the 200GE for anything but an Office slave or a zero-gaming HTPC. It's just too damn weak a chip to be useful for titles outside of MOBAs, offline RPGs, etc. I'd hate to see what would happen to a 200GE if a fully-specced 40 man raid walked into Onyxia's lair and started casting hundreds of spells and shouts at once--and that's before some idiot gets feared into the whelps.

I do understand the sentiment though. In a situation where the build is intended for long-term use, my first instinct would be to just get what you're going to use, starting with the mobo, CPU and RAM, then put together the pieces from there as sales allow.