Bios password appear after update it and technical support said you have to paid for repair ?

Hello everyone and thanks for reading this , I'm Diego and I have a Acer nitro 5 (an515-42 it's a laptop with windows 10 1803 16gb of ram a Ryzen 5 2500u and a rx560x ) for 7 months and after updating my bios from 1.11 to 1.12 a bios password appear and I won't go in Acer shop and paid for repair this  because when I called technical support . He said me '' hummm you have forgotten your password '' but no . ? it's why I would like to say if someone could help me . oh and when I fail 3 time it give me a 'key' (2013271607) I don't know if it will help you . Thanks for reading ? and I hope you could help me .

not sure if the forum can offer too much advice on cracking BIOS passwords.

Perhaps having a quick look at the tools on Hirens Boot

only way i know to remove the password is to change out the bios chip but will require taking it apart / unsolder the chip 

20 minutes ago, Yato202010 said:

Hello everyone and thanks for reading this , I'm Diego and I have a Acer nitro 5 (an515-42 it's a laptop with windows 10 1803 16gb of ram a Ryzen 5 2500u and a rx560x ) for 7 months and after updating my bios from 1.11 to 1.12 a bios password appear and I won't go in Acer shop and paid for repair this  because when I called technical support . He said me '' hummm you have forgotten your password '' but no . ? it's why I would like to say if someone could help me . oh and when I fail 3 time it give me a 'key' (2013271607) I don't know if it will help you . Thanks for reading ? and I hope you could help me .

remove the cmos battery

5 minutes ago, TrigrH said:

remove the cmos battery

I dont think cmos reset will change things if there is a password.

the key provided is a recovery key the manufacturer can use to reset it.

11 minutes ago, TrigrH said:

remove the cmos battery

hello i can't remove the cmos battery because it's Welded . i have see a jumper pad called "CLRP1" under my RAM but it do nothing . i don't know why PS: I've already done some research and apparently it's the jumper that serves to reset the CMOS

If you can boot into the computer you can usually reset a BIOS password through the command prompt. Check out this thread on Acer's forums, specifically the really long response.

https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/550512/reset-bios-password

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Desktop:

Intel Core i7-11700K | Noctua NH-D15S chromax.black | ASUS ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming WiFi  | 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 MHz | ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 3080 | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 PCIe 4.0 SSD | 2TB WD Blue M.2 SATA SSD | Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fractal Design Meshify C Windows 10 Pro

Laptop:

HP Omen 15 | AMD Ryzen 7 5800H | 16 GB 3200 MHz | Nvidia RTX 3060 | 1 TB WD Black PCIe 3.0 SSD | 512 GB Micron PCIe 3.0 SSD | Windows 11

1 hour ago, BobVonBob said:

If you can boot into the computer you can usually reset a BIOS password through the command prompt. Check out this thread on Acer's forums, specifically the really long response.

https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/550512/reset-bios-password

hello i can access to my computer i will see how do it and i come back to you thanks

9 hours ago, Yato202010 said:

hello i can't remove the cmos battery because it's Welded . i have see a jumper pad called "CLRP1" under my RAM but it do nothing . i don't know why PS: I've already done some research and apparently it's the jumper that serves to reset the CMOS

CMOS jumpers wont clear the password, only the battery will. You will need to get the battery removed with a soldering iron.

The bios battery isnt soldered or welded. It's the little white plug on the right hand side above the battery with a red and black wire.