How to mute my PC for a specific time interval

Go to solution Solved by Chris_R.,

Add blocker would be easiest 

I'm sure there are some tools out there that can do this or similar, I just don't know them.

If you were programming savvy you could write a "script" .exe file and assign a macro to execute that whenever you want.

Look into finding apps that can do this...if you can't find any send me a PM I could probably make a script really quick to do this. It wouldn't be automatic you would have to assign a macro to a key, that when pressed would execute the program to mute/unmute.

The oddball is the time and unmute function I'm not sure how many apps out there do that.

The thing I've noticed with Spotify adds it seems to me sometimes I might get one or two, but other times I might get 5 in a row.

Hello peoples of this forum!

I recently had an idea and I want to check if it works. I'd like to make a keyboard sortcut of some sort that will mute my Windows PC
completely for a specific time interval let's say 30 seconds.

From a quick looking around I see that I can use Task Scheduler and a tool called NirCmd to create something. Does anyone has
any insight on this? Do you know of NirCmd? Is it safe or am I getting myself in trouble?

The reason behind this all is I recently started using Spotify and I get annoyed by the ads, so I am thinking of just muting it
automatically whenever one of them pops up. I just don't want to get out mood I probably don't care about the silence break.

Any info? Do you know of any way to actually do it?

Cheers.

uBlock Origin can block ads on the browser, if you're using the app then a hosts file level ad blocking would do too

🙂

Add blocker would be easiest 

I'm sure there are some tools out there that can do this or similar, I just don't know them.

If you were programming savvy you could write a "script" .exe file and assign a macro to execute that whenever you want.

Look into finding apps that can do this...if you can't find any send me a PM I could probably make a script really quick to do this. It wouldn't be automatic you would have to assign a macro to a key, that when pressed would execute the program to mute/unmute.

The oddball is the time and unmute function I'm not sure how many apps out there do that.

The thing I've noticed with Spotify adds it seems to me sometimes I might get one or two, but other times I might get 5 in a row.

Thanks!

Chris R.

I wasn't aware of adblockers for desktop apps, I will check them out for sure!

EDIT: I gave that a go and seems do be doing it, although sometimes buggy.