New build with an aio

Sajjinho

I am a first time builder who wanna build my first pc. I am considering an aio but i dont know if i should go with an aio or a noctua air cooler.

My questions are: How often does aios leak? 

How hard is it to build with an aio vs an air cooler?

Any good 360mm aios?

2 minutes ago, Sajjinho said:

My questions are: How often does aios leak? 

Basicly never.... I often take my pc to lan partys with my car, never secured the aio or done anything tho prevent my pc from sliding around. I have this Arcitc aio since 3-4 years and it always worked fine. 

Installing an aio is easy, sometimes even simpler than an air cooler but they are both easy to install. The only thing you have to watch out for is if your case supports a 360mm.

There are no big differences between most of the coolers. Just take a cheap one form amazon which has the features you want and maybe silent fans.

How often do they leak: Rarely. Some leak slightly more, some leak slightly less. From the Asetek lineup, the Kraken X62 is the only one that has a reputation for leaking, and it's still fairly rare

Installing: Fairly easy. Most have a backplate that you screw into, then thumbscrews for the main block to secure it. The radiator is about as hard as just the fans themselves. 

Any good 360's: The Corsair H150i Pro is nice, used it for a while before going custom. 

All those things said: Don't go with an AiO unless you really want to. They're more expensive than air coolers at little to no performance gain and they have more points of failure. The only pros they have is subjectively better looks, since the good air coolers (NH-D15 and DRP4) are equally quiet