20 FPS in video games running a RTX 2080

NeonKyuten

Freshly built PC with a RTX 2080, 16 Gigabytes of Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000Mhz RAM and a i7 8700k. Gpu is sitting at around 30c (86f). I've tested Rainbow Six Siege, CSGO, Apex Legends & Subnautica all on high settings and I am getting between 10FPS and 30 FPS on all games other then CSGO where i get around 50FPS. My display is a 1360 x 768 Mini TV running at 60Hz. I've uninstalled and reinstalled my graphic drivers and cannot figure out what is going on!

Any advice would be great! 

Use DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) to reinstall your drivers after DDU does a clean wipe. Just uninstalling the drivers through nvidia or windows isn't the best way.

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu

26 minutes ago, mxk. said:

Use DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) to reinstall your drivers after DDU does a clean wipe. Just uninstalling the drivers through nvidia or windows isn't the best way.

That is what i already used to uninstall them

27 minutes ago, NeonKyuten said:

That is what i already used to uninstall them

hmmm

Check if there are any FPS caps in the games, just to be sure.

for some reason your display is what stands out to me in your specs but I seriously doubt it's the issue.

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu

You plugged your tv into the GPU right?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

1 hour ago, Enderman said:

You plugged your tv into the GPU right?

Yeah it's plugged into the gpu via HDMI

2 hours ago, mxk. said:

hmmm

Check if there are any FPS caps in the games, just to be sure.

for some reason your display is what stands out to me in your specs but I seriously doubt it's the issue.

No caps in game. I turned v-sync off in my graphics settings and in game

4 minutes ago, NeonKyuten said:

Yeah it's plugged into the gpu via HDMI

Welp the only other thing that I could possibly think of is if you bought your GPU from ebay or something and got a fake one.

Otherwise I would try doing a clean install of windows to make 100% sure it's not a software issue.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

9 hours ago, Enderman said:

Welp the only other thing that I could possibly think of is if you bought your GPU from ebay or something and got a fake one.

Otherwise I would try doing a clean install of windows to make 100% sure it's not a software issue.

Yes do what Enderman said.  Also what pops to my mind is to just try a different PCIe Slot, it could very well be the slot is shot.

Asus Sabertooth x79 / 4930k @ 4500 @ 1.408v / Gigabyte WF 2080 RTX / Corsair VG 64GB @ 1866 & AX1600i & H115i Pro @ 2x Noctua NF-A14 / Carbide 330r Blackout

Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface / KRK Rokits 10" / Sennheiser HD 650 / Logitech G Pro Wireless Mouse & G915 Linear & G935 & C920 / SL 88 Grand / Cakewalk / NF-A14 Int P12 Ex
AOC 40" 4k Curved / LG 55" OLED C9 120hz / LaCie Porsche Design 2TB & 500GB / Samsung 950 Pro 500GB / 850 Pro 500GB / Crucial m4 500GB / Asus M.2 Card

20 hours ago, Enderman said:

brought the GPU second hand but I met the guy in person and tested the GPU in my mates rig and it worked in his. I might just try a clean install of windows and get back to you on how that goes

1. Your GPU is too hot, you need better case cooling. My 2080 TI never even hits 70C after adding adequate case fans and exhaust setup. Add more cooling so your expensive components have a chance to live a long and happy life. 86 might fry your GPU sooner rather than later. Matter of fact your GPU might be throttling. 

2. Since your GPU is so hot, what are your CPU temps? Is your CPU getting so hot that it's throttling too? That could be causing it.

3. Do you have monitoring software unknowingly bottlenecking your GPU? Precision X1 is set on my computer to restrict temperatures, but by default it was set to restrict bandwidth. If you are running monitoring software make sure it didn't somehow get set to prioritize limiting your GPU performance instead of temperatures. 

4. WTF with your 768P TV? Maybe your components think they are too good for their home, to quote adam sandler, and don't want to play nice at such low resolution. Just saying

5. What kind of benchmark scores are you getting - timespy etc? 3D mark is only $5 on steam 

6. Try different PCI slot like that other guy said

CPU Intel I9-9900K  |  MOBO ASRock Taichi Z390  |  RAM G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32GB  |  GPU EVGA RTX 2080 TI XC |  Case Lian-li PC-011 Dynamic  |  Storage Corsair MP510 M.2 NVMe 960GB  |  PSU EVGA Supernova 1300 G2  |  Display Samsung 49MU7600 4K  |  Cooling Corsair H150I Pro, LL120

14 hours ago, Prison_Mike said:

1. Your GPU is too hot, you need better case cooling. My 2080 TI never even hits 70C after adding adequate case fans and exhaust setup. Add more cooling so your expensive components have a chance to live a long and happy life. 86 might fry your GPU sooner rather than later. Matter of fact your GPU might be throttling. 

He wrote that the GPU is at 30c and 86 Fahrenheit -> no problem there.

14 hours ago, Prison_Mike said:

30C is hot for you? Yebus. And Nvidia stated that safe temp for Turing cards is around 87-88C, so 86C wouldn't be lethal.

My guess is that for some reason games are running on iGPU.

Ex-EX build: Liquidfy C+... R.I.P.

Ex-build:

Meshify C – sold

Ryzen 5 1600x @4.0 GHz/1.4V – sold

Gigabyte X370 Aorus Gaming K7 – sold

Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB @3200 Mhz – sold

Alpenfoehn Brocken 3 Black Edition – it's somewhere

Sapphire Vega 56 Pulse – ded

Intel SSD 660p 1TB – sold

be Quiet! Straight Power 11 750w – sold

did you use DDU in safe mode? if not, do that. also, if the GPU is 30C it obviously is not under load (use software to check GPU % usage). and just curious, why are you using a rtx 2080 on a 1360x768? its just a placeholder?

Ultra is stupid. ALWAYS.