Small quiet cooler for i7-9700K

Deadroth

Hello, I am looking for good cooler for my i7-9700K that won't block the view on my G.SKILL Trident RAM modules. My PC build is mATX. 

Will be Noctua NH-L9x65 enough for 95W CPU?

Thank you very much!

https://noctua.at/en/products/cpu-cooler-retail/nh-l9x65/cpucomp

Maybe. It probably won't be able to hold full boost if you use AVX, and you won't have much if any headroom for overclocking, but if those don't bother you it will work fine.

Edit:

https://noctua.at/en/cpu/Intel_Core_i7-9700K

To see Noctua compatibility with the 9700K.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Desktop:

Intel Core i7-11700K | Noctua NH-D15S chromax.black | ASUS ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming WiFi  | 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 MHz | ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 3080 | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 PCIe 4.0 SSD | 2TB WD Blue M.2 SATA SSD | Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fractal Design Meshify C Windows 10 Pro

Laptop:

HP Omen 15 | AMD Ryzen 7 5800H | 16 GB 3200 MHz | Nvidia RTX 3060 | 1 TB WD Black PCIe 3.0 SSD | 512 GB Micron PCIe 3.0 SSD | Windows 11

5 hours ago, Deadroth said:

Hello, I am looking for good cooler for my i7-9700K that won't block the view on my G.SKILL Trident RAM modules. My PC build is mATX. 

Will be Noctua NH-L9x65 enough for 95W CPU?

Thank you very much!

That's not the right one for you, it is a low profile small cooler that can't deal with continuous high power consumption quietly. Its probably a bit better than AMD Box Cooler but not that much.

You _NEED_ a big cooler if you want to have it quiet at load as you need a certain surface area...

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

Thank you :) Can someone please recommend me some quiet but not that big to cover my RAM sticks? Should I go for Corsair AIO block maybe? (I read only bad stuff, about noisy pumps and leaking :( )

If it helps for something rest of my setup is Gainward GTX 1080 GLH, G.SKILL Trident RAM 3200MHz, GIGABYTE Z390M, Corsair RM750i PSU and case Corsair Crystal Series 280X (15cm CPU fan max height). Thank you very much.

The Cryorig H7, H7 Plus, or H7 Lumi appear to be a good match for you. Check the website/customer rep to make sure. I prefer air coolers. For a liquid cooler recommendation, someone else will have to help you.