Does anyone has any tips for efficiently order 15+ years worth of data for backing it up?

Kurios

I've been tasked to file and classify around 7TB of files that are poorly organized so I can make a decent backup out of it...

It goes from valuable photos to all sort of documents (.pdf, .docx, etc) to even engineering related files... 

The thing is a mess... folders are named after the date they where created... but there are a lot of folders and files repeated several times

3 minutes ago, UnSimpleCurioso said:

Does anyone has any tips for efficiently order 15+ years worth of data for backing it up?

That depends on what the data is and what the requirements are. If it's just random files, the simplest would be to file them by date.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

36 minutes ago, UnSimpleCurioso said:

I've been tasked to file and classify around 7TB of files that are poorly organized so I can make a decent backup out of it...

It goes from valuable photos to all sort of documents (.pdf, .docx, etc) to even engineering related files... 

The thing is a mess... folders are named after the date they where created... but there are a lot of folders and files repeated several times

Upload it to the piratebay, let them back it up for you ?

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

31 minutes ago, seagate_surfer said:

Once the back up has been completed you can try tools to organize your files like this one: http://www.dropitproject.com/

Does a couple of SeaGate's employees just go around and search anything backup/HDD related in this forum and then advertise their products lmao

Ryzen 7 3700X / 16GB RAM / Optane SSD / GTX 1650 / Solus Linux

2 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Upload it to the piratebay, let them back it up for you ?

Resultado de imagen para eye roll gif tony stark

5 minutes ago, NunoLava1998 said:

Does a couple of SeaGate's employees just go around and search anything backup/HDD related in this forum and then advertise their products lmao

As long as the solutions they offer are appropriate for the problem, I see zero problem with that.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

Thank you my friend, because that's what I do, I try to help as many people in this community as I can. You guys rock! We rock! ??

Seagate Technology | Official Forums Team

IronWolf Drives for NAS Applications - SkyHawk Drives for Surveillance Applications - BarraCuda Drives for PC & Gaming