“Waiting for proxy tunnel”

Go to solution Solved by doxiMAN_MAN,
12 hours ago, sladewatkins said:

Oh, dear. It definitely is the virus then. You may have to reset your PC, since I am now thinking that you have the same virus as me. That's what I had to do. My grandfather thinks they're making them harder to get rid of, now.

I fixed it, I changed some values in the regestry so i could access LAN Settings, and then I enabled "Automatically detect settings" and disabled "User a proxy server for your LAN" and my internet is back to normal now. :)

Whenever i visit any site (or even google anything) the page takes ages to load and all i see is the ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT error with “Waiting for proxy tunnel” in the buttom left.

I’ve tried fixing it with the LAN Settings but it didnt work.

Can anyone help me with this? ;(

EDIT: Also, some of my extentions dont work because of this, maybe they cant connect to their servers?

FIXED: I changed some values in regestry (followed this vid 

and then I disabled "Use a proxy server for your LAN" and enabled "Automatically detect settings" and now its all good, hopefully this helps other people with the same problem

thanks, doxi

Assuming you have Windows 10: Head into Settings > Network & internet > Proxy and find the 127.0.0.1:1234 (or whatever the port is that's listed there). Then go into command prompt and run this command. netstat -abno | findstr LISTENING | findstr :1234 (or whatever the port is) and see if it finds something. If it does, it'll display a list of (hopefully one) processes. Find the last column where you should see a bunch of numbers. That's the PID of the process. Now, head into Task Manager and click on Details. Find the PID of the process, right click on it, and click Open file location. Kill it in task manager, delete the folder the process is in entirely, and run something like Malwarebytes or Adwcleaner and make sure it detects it.

Hopefully that helps in some way.

Slade Watkins • he/him/they/them

1 hour ago, sladewatkins said:

Assuming you have Windows 10: Head into Settings > Network & internet > Proxy and find the 127.0.0.1:1234 (or whatever the port is that's listed there). Then go into command prompt and run this command. netstat -abno | findstr LISTENING | findstr :1234 (or whatever the port is) and see if it finds something. If it does, it'll display a list of (hopefully one) processes. Find the last column where you should see a bunch of numbers. That's the PID of the process. Now, head into Task Manager and click on Details. Find the PID of the process, right click on it, and click Open file location. Kill it in task manager, delete the folder the process is in entirely, and run something like Malwarebytes or Adwcleaner and make sure it detects it.

Hopefully that helps in some way.

Hey I did what you told me and it messed my internet connection, I deleted something called “InnoUPD”. I restored it now and my internet connection was restored, i dont think I should delete that.

1 hour ago, doxiMAN_MAN said:

Hey I did what you told me and it messed my internet connection, I deleted something called “InnoUPD”. I restored it now and my internet connection was restored, i dont think I should delete that.

Oh, dear. It definitely is the virus then. You may have to reset your PC, since I am now thinking that you have the same virus as me. That's what I had to do. My grandfather thinks they're making them harder to get rid of, now.

Slade Watkins • he/him/they/them

12 hours ago, sladewatkins said:

I fixed it, I changed some values in the regestry so i could access LAN Settings, and then I enabled "Automatically detect settings" and disabled "User a proxy server for your LAN" and my internet is back to normal now. :)