Do I need extra cooler for Ryzen 5 system with Vega 11

LightParticle
Go to solution Solved by paddy-stone,
4 hours ago, LightParticle said:

Well, thank you very much paddy-stone, and other members too, but on another pc forum I got the answer on my question which is says that I need a kind of "standart: 1 income, 1 outcome cooler. (TOMShardware: threads/how-much-coolers-do-i-need-with-intergrated-graphics-card-on-ryzen.3453108/).

Case I may use can be with grid on front panel, but I don't sure yet, maybe it will be just a front panel (it depends on what models I will have on the market). By anyway exhaust cooler on case what I looking for is for sure wil have cooler in the back , not on the top, because top cooler cases are mostly for gaming or great performance build.

P.S. I need to make clear my previous post. Experienced pc builder is told me that 1 exhaust will be enough, not "not enough", but anyway it don't make paddy-stone post less useful.

Ahh I see, yes it helps if you put the correct term... if you say

5 hours ago, paddy-stone said:

1 exhaust will not be enough for my specs

Then it means you need more than one. Not that "one will be enough", it makes a BIG difference the order of the words. But anyway, glad we cleared that up.

When they say that "standard, will be one intake and one exhaust" that means that is what they would recommend at the minimum, because then you have fresh air coming into the case, and an exhaust helping to push the hot air out and to keep the air in the case flowing over the parts. And yes, that actually COULD be sufficient for your needs.

I however would recommend to have more intake fans if the case allows for it, and because it's seeming to be a  trend lately to have cases with not so good airflow. Anyway, good luck with it :)

Hello, thats a specification what may use:

ASRock B450M Pro 4
Ryzen 5 2400G (+vega 11)
2x8GB RAM Patriot 3000Mhz
SSD
3 SATA HDD
WLAN card

(no plan for overclocking)

1. Is it enough to use stock Ryzen cooler which is goes with processor in box for my specs?

2. How much do I need coolers installed with a case? 

well, the stock cooler will do its job very well. you don't need another cooler. 

and for fans, you should have at least, 1 intake and 1 exhaust, however i would recommend 2 intake and 2 exhaust. 

Rig 1: i7-9700k OC'd to 5.0ghz all core | EVGA XC RTX 2080Ti | ADATA DDR4 2400mhz 4x8gb | ASUS PRIME Z370-P | Asetek 550LC 120mm | ADATA 480GB SSD & Toshiba P300 3TB | Cooler Master Masterbox MB500 | Win 10 Home | Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum, G502 Proteus Spectrum, G933 Artemis Spectrum Snow Wireless Limited Edition, Corsair MM300 Mouse Pad | 2 MSI Optix Curved 27" FHD Monitors 

(before i sold the WD drive and MSI gpu - https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/11946219 171 gaming. felt good.)

Rig 2: i7-7700k Stock clocks | MSI Armor GTX 1070 | ADATA DDR4 2400mhz 2x8GB | MSI Z270 A-Pro | WD Green 240GB SSD & 2TB Seagate HDD | Thermaltake Core G21 Tempered Glass Edition | Win 10 Home | 2 HP Omen FHD 144hz 24.5" Monitors 

Rig 3: i7-6700 | GT 730 & GT 645 OEM | Some random DDR4 2133mhz 2x8gb sticks | OEM Dell Mobo | WD Black 2TB HDD & Toshiba 1TB HDD | Win 10 Home | 3 27" Dell FHD Monitors 

Rig 4: i7-4770 | EVGA SSC 1050ti | Some random DDR3 ram 2x2gb and 2x4gb sticks | OEM Dell Mobo | Stock Cooler | 1TB WD Black HDD | Win 7 Home 

RIP 

Rig 5 (dead and dismantled and sold) : i7-7820X OC'd to 4.8ghz all core | MSI DUKE 1080ti | ADATA DDR4 2400mhz 4x8gb | Gigabyte X299 UD4 PRO | Asetek 240mm AIO | WD Green 240gb SSD | Other various components that I can't remember

Rig 6 (same fate as rig 5) i7-8700k stock clocks | MSI DUKE 1080ti | ADATA DDR4 2400mhz 2x8gb | MSI Z370 A-Pro | Asetek 550LC 120mm | WD Green 240GB SSD & Toshiba 2TB HDD | Other various components that I can't Remember 

The stock cooler performs adequately on the 2400G. It may throttle a little bit (depending on ambient temp), but I wouldn't replace it unless you think it's too loud or it's throttling badly.

As for fans, most people run 2 120mm or 2 140mm. Yet again, it depends on ambient temperatures and if you're throttling or not. You may need less.

Fan Comparisons          F@H          PCPartPicker         Analysis of Market Trends (Coming soon? Never? Who knows!)

Designing a mITX case. Working on aluminum prototypes.

Open for intern / part-time. Good at maths, CAD and airflow stuff. Dabbled with Python.

Please fill out this form! It helps a ton! https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/841400-the-poll-to-end-all-polls-poll/

What case are you looking at? some cases have bad airflow. But in general you should be OK with stock cooler especially if not overclocking... I would shoot for using at least 2 intake and 1 exhaust, to keep a positive pressure to stop the case pulling in dust from vents IMO.

Please quote my post, or put @paddy-stone if you want me to respond to you.

Spoiler
  • PCs:- 
  • Main PC build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/2K6Q7X
  • ASUS x53e  - i7 2670QM / Sony BD writer x8 / Win 10, Elemetary OS, Ubuntu/ Samsung 830 SSD
  • Lenovo G50 - 8Gb RAM - Samsung 860 Evo 250GB SSD - DVD writer
  •  
  • Displays:-
  • Philips 55 OLED 754 model
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  • Philips 24" 1080p monitor as backup
  •  
  • Storage/NAS/Servers:-
  • ESXI/test build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/4wyR9G
  • Main Server https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/3Qftyk
  • Backup server - HP Proliant Gen 8 4 bay NAS running FreeNAS ZFS striped 3x3TiB WD reds
  • HP ProLiant G6 Server SE316M1 Twin Hex Core Intel Xeon E5645 2.40GHz 48GB RAM
  •  
  • Gaming/Tablets etc:-
  • Xbox One S 500GB + 2TB HDD
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi/Pocafone F2 pro 8GB/256GB
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• Unused Hardware currently :-
  • 4670K MSI mobo 16GB ram
  • i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1060 6GB Amp! edition
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

1 exhaust will not be enough for my specs? That is the answer what I got from a experienced pc builder. 

p/s im plan to use APU RX Vega 11.

On 2/22/2019 at 4:35 PM, LightParticle said:

1 exhaust will not be enough for my specs? That is the answer what I got from a experienced pc builder. 

p/s im plan to use APU RX Vega 11.

No, that's wrong... one exhaust is plenty for most systems... it depends IMO on the case that's being used.

Except for my Corsair air 540 case I had and my current main PC, as I had exhaust fans on the top of the case too... but with some testing there wasn't much difference temps wise TBH. I just had them because I had spare fans to use from previous builds. My current main PC has my AIO cooler on exhaust at the top of the case, but I generally have more intake than exhaust, no matter the system.

With that CPU and cooler, one exhaust should be plenty... I would focus on getting more air INTO the case to help cool the motherboard and CPU.

Spoiler
  • ASUS x53e  - i7 2670QM / Sony BD writer x8 / Win 10, Elemetary OS, Ubuntu/ Samsung 830 SSD
  •  
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  •  
  • Backup server - HP Proliant Gen 8 4 bay NAS running FreeNAS ZFS striped 3x3TiB WD reds
  •  
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

Well, thank you very much paddy-stone, and other members too, but on another pc forum I got the answer on my question which is says that I need a kind of "standart: 1 income, 1 outcome cooler. (TOMShardware: threads/how-much-coolers-do-i-need-with-intergrated-graphics-card-on-ryzen.3453108/).

Case I may use can be with grid on front panel, but I don't sure yet, maybe it will be just a front panel (it depends on what models I will have on the market). By anyway exhaust cooler on case what I looking for is for sure wil have cooler in the back , not on the top, because top cooler cases are mostly for gaming or great performance build.

P.S. I need to make clear my previous post. Experienced pc builder is told me that 1 exhaust will be enough, not "not enough", but anyway it don't make paddy-stone post less useful.

4 hours ago, LightParticle said:

Ahh I see, yes it helps if you put the correct term... if you say

5 hours ago, paddy-stone said:

1 exhaust will not be enough for my specs

Then it means you need more than one. Not that "one will be enough", it makes a BIG difference the order of the words. But anyway, glad we cleared that up.

When they say that "standard, will be one intake and one exhaust" that means that is what they would recommend at the minimum, because then you have fresh air coming into the case, and an exhaust helping to push the hot air out and to keep the air in the case flowing over the parts. And yes, that actually COULD be sufficient for your needs.

I however would recommend to have more intake fans if the case allows for it, and because it's seeming to be a  trend lately to have cases with not so good airflow. Anyway, good luck with it :)

Spoiler
  •  
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  •  
  •  
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini