Social media & Internet in general.

4me

[1]Legality and causality became the platform or foundation of my paranoia. A long time ago when YouTube was young and free I wanted to become a content creator. It look like fun and there was actual money to be made.

[2]People uploaded their favorite Anime with their favorite songs and it was all good. There was a creative freedom that was simply so attractive that I just wanted to be part of it. I created my channel and behold I had 2 subscribers. Well one was my mother I don’t think that counts.

[3]That said I created content about stuff. Some of it tech, some of it clothing. My connection was slow and my video camera couldn’t connect to the computer so I had to use a PCI capture device. Remember those?

[4]Yea, then YouTube changed, copyright became a thing and people got spooked. Being financially broke I couldn’t afford any legal situation so I closed my channel. Lost 2 subscribers and 10 views. I am sure I am responsible for all 10 but still…

[5]Time went on and the “Internet User” became a product. Social media was selling our info to who knows who and then even our OS became basically a spy. At this point I gave up on Windows, Google and all social media.

[6]I didn’t feel confident that my creative writing was protected on my own computer. I didn’t feel confident that Google wasn’t reading my emails. Speaking out on social media about any topic, became dangerous to a point that people lost their livelihoods. On line bullies would take people’s Facebook, full names and use that to troll people. There was nothing anyone could do.

[7]So I stopped it all. Yea no social media, no Gmail no on-line anything. My computer is a second hand gutted laptop. I removed the Webcam, microphone and hard-drive. My phone is a very old device that can only text and phone. It has no camera GPS or anything. It simply is a old phone. Thankfully dumb phones became a thing again and I could buy one that still worked with modern networks.

[8]My Laptop runs on a actual compact disk with a OS on it. It use to be called a live disk not sure if that name still is valid. Point is, it is incorruptible. If I turn my computer off there are no cookies for Google, no private info for whom ever.

[9]I also have a Pi configured as a dedicated VPN so when I do connect I know I have a VPN and other protections that allow me some freedoms. I keep my nose clean and my head down. I don’t need or want trouble.

[10]To get back to YouTube and why it is heading towards a cliff is about all of the above. It is fair to say that many gatekeepers have since made their appearance. They have the ability to take away people’s livelihoods, their income their way of life and to some degree even take people to court. Worse still is innocent people can get trapped in a bad situation just by saying the wrong thing at the wrong time.

[11]I don’t know who became mad with power and or where all this came from. But I do know social media is a minefield. I feel the Internet has lost its freedom. I feel it is something I rather stay away from and if I do interact with it, I do so using every precaution I have available.

[12]I knew I made the right choice when employers wanted access to social accounts. I simply say I don’t have any. This is normally followed by a stare then they look at my phone and a longer stare.

[13]The fact is the Internet does not forget easily. So many people cannot start over or even correct their mistakes. YouTube became part of this system, Social media became part of this system.

[14]The questions I am asking now, am I the only person doing this? Am I one of many?

[15]The more important questions are, at what point will the gatekeepers rule content, people’s lives, freedoms and social interactions? At what point will Legality completely eliminate creative freedom?

[16]Because of this I think YouTube, Social media and the Internet in its entirety does not have long before people will move away from it. Basically essential services and access will be all that remain of what was once a unequaled platform.

i havent gone to the extent of a gutted laptop with a live CD in it because i couldnt live with that performance, nor have i got a dumbphone but i dislike and avoid most social media and take care to try to keep trackers and all that off me. I dislike the move towards data collection and spying on everything, recently moved over to Linux away from Spyware 10 because enough games ran on it now. Firefox for my browser and block most trackers and cookies. The internet i think might just become a shithole where nothing worth doing is allowed tbh, but while i can i will enjoy it

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

I'm sorry, but the formatting of this is just awful. 

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

I'm not sure how I feel about this formatting

For all I know you could just be an undercover intelligence services agent trying to catch people who aren't "normal" and don't have Facebook or use a smartphone to add them to a worldwide watchlist.

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

9 minutes ago, aezakmi said:

For all I know you could just be an undercover intelligence services agent trying to catch people who aren't "normal" and don't have Facebook or use a smartphone to add them to a worldwide watchlist.

Not so undercover KGB agent. 

Your formatting made my eyes bleed, thanks.

As for me, I don't give a fuck what others think of me, although seeing my username and pfp should make that obvious. 

As for employers wanting my social media, I give it to them knowing all too well that what I have will bother the crap out of them.

i will make a proper reply after op fixed their unique formatting.

why everybody post the spec of their rig here? i dont! cuz its made of mashed potatoes!

I 100% believe this person.  That's how someone who stopped using the internet pre-2006 would type.  I'm reminded of AIM circa 2002, as used by tweens.

19 hours ago, Sauron said:

> Posts this on an internet forum

More precisely, an internet forum created by a YouTuber, I don't understand how he got here

Because I can relate to those points

1 hour ago, Lukyp said:

Because I can relate to those points

Well, you're here too, aren't you? :P

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

On 2/22/2019 at 3:29 PM, Sauron said:

> Posts this on an internet forum

[1]Sorry for the formatting. I format things this way because it helps me.

[2]Linus made a lot of content regarding copyright strikes, other content creators going after other content creators and it got my attention.

[3]As for me being here, why not? This is a good forum. I never had an account before now but I did read this forum on a day to day base. 

[4]The point of my post was to highlight a fear that I and others have about content creation and how intimidating it is. 

3 hours ago, 4me said:

[1]Sorry for the formatting. I format things this way because it helps me.

[2]Linus made a lot of content regarding copyright strikes, other content creators going after other content creators and it got my attention.

[3]As for me being here, why not? This is a good forum. I never had an account before now but I did read this forum on a day to day base. 

[4]The point of my post was to highlight a fear that I and others have about content creation and how intimidating it is. 

You could always create shit and pointless content and use bots to inflate your views and subs, like pewdiepie

3 hours ago, valdyrgramr said:

an SJW snowflake claiming everything is racist when it really isn't.

Sounds like any regular customer of Starbucks.

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB