Is this surge protector enough for this PC?

Hiya!
Go to solution Solved by Chaftalie,
27 minutes ago, TempestCatto said:

My bad! I thought that's what you were asking ^^;

Take a look at the power requirements for your PSU, monitors, etc. If they require more than 10amps, then you'd need find another one. If memory serves me right, when it says "10amps" it's per outlet on the unit.

10A at 230V are 2300 Watts,

thats more than enough for your setup.

You probably can connect up to 4 setups similar to this an be fine.

Also your power grid (there is surely another word for this but i cannot remember it, in German it is Stromnetz or Stromkreis or Sicherungskreis) has probably a B13(max 13 amps permanent) or B10(10A permanent) current surge.

19 minutes ago, Hiya! said:

It show like this and i dont get it..

.image.png.c5155a184405d56403317ae3b5327855.png

Does that means i need one that support up to 45Amp?

no thats the amperage of the individual rails at 3.3V 5V and 12V.

your power supply has 550Watts that are 550W/230V = 2.4A

That means, your powersupply needs max 2.4A (That value is theoretical, if incounter efficiency it is not 100% correct, picture in the spoiler)

Spoiler

image.png.1b23279a6e1c0c9f4ea42397d45660b9.png

this power supply needs 5amps at 230V at maximum, you won't come close to this value in normal use.

This one https://www.apc.com/shop/hr/en/products/APC-Essential-SurgeArrest-5-oulets-230V-Germany/P-PM5-GR has maximum input current of 10Amp and will be used For this :

i5 6500

RX 470

Typical Gaming monitor

2HDD

2 Gaming peripherals

550W Seasonic Focus

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

You wanna look at how many joules it can handle. Looking at joules tells you how much energy the surge protector can absorb before it fails. This one can handle 918Joules, which I would think is enough protection for your setup (and APC is a solid brand, I don't use any-other brand for UPS's).

2 minutes ago, TempestCatto said:

You wanna look at how many joules it can handle. Looking at joules tells you how much energy the surge protector can absorb before it fails. This one can handle 918Joules, which I would think is enough protection for your setup (and APC is a solid brand, I don't use any-other brand for UPS's).

But what about the maximum input current?

Uh thats not my setup its my relative..

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

27 minutes ago, Hiya! said:

But what about the maximum input current?

Uh thats not my setup its my relative..

Take a look at the power requirements for your PSU, monitors, etc. If they require more than 10amps, then you'd need find another one. If memory serves me right, when it says "10amps" it's per outlet on the unit.

1 minute ago, TempestCatto said:

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

27 minutes ago, TempestCatto said:

Also your power grid (there is surely another word for this but i cannot remember it, in German it is Stromnetz or Stromkreis or Sicherungskreis) has probably a B13(max 13 amps permanent) or B10(10A permanent) current surge.

19 minutes ago, Hiya! said:

no thats the amperage of the individual rails at 3.3V 5V and 12V.

your power supply has 550Watts that are 550W/230V = 2.4A

That means, your powersupply needs max 2.4A (That value is theoretical, if incounter efficiency it is not 100% correct, picture in the spoiler)

Spoiler

image.png.1b23279a6e1c0c9f4ea42397d45660b9.png

this power supply needs 5amps at 230V at maximum, you won't come close to this value in normal use.

2 minutes ago, Chaftalie said:

I might be remembering my info wrong in that case, my bad.

2 minutes ago, Chaftalie said:

Ok i also check the PSU it says 8/5 on the input current so it should be enough right?

3 minutes ago, Chaftalie said:

What are you referring to? sorry i am so bad at this.

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

1 minute ago, Hiya! said:

Ok i also check the PSU it says 8/5 on the input current so it should be enough right?

What are you referring to? sorry i am so bad at this.

sorry I am a german native speaker so its a bit hard to explain because i do not know the right words /:

Maybe someone knows what I mean and can provide a better explanation?

1 minute ago, Chaftalie said:

sorry I am a german native speaker so its a bit hard to explain because i do not know the right words /:

Maybe someone knows what I mean and can provide a better explanation?

Ok so for the sake of simplicity..will that surge protector enough for that pc?

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

1 minute ago, Hiya! said:

Ok so for the sake of simplicity..will that surge protector enough for that pc?

Yes