Does brass grade matter for custom parts?

Hey folks!

I’ve tried googling, but I can’t seem to come up with any good answers. While that does lead me to believe I am overthinking this, I figured it’d be better to at least ask.

So, the deal is, I have a Louqe Ghost S1 (hopefully) on the way, which I’ve planned a custom hardline loop in. This will be my first custom loop, so it’s a little bit of a big project, but one way or another I’ll make it work.

I managed to find a way to cram in a D5 pump, mounted to a reservoir I’ll make myself out of brass. I’ve already planned the sheetmetal and fittings in CAD, so I’m mostly just holding off ordering brass and solder until I have some form of an idea what to buy. There are lots of different grades of brass, some pure copper/zinc, but also some with more metals mixed in, like for example aluminium. Though in very small quantities (usually less than 1%), I still have the concern this will with time corrode my loop quicker than pure brass or even copper. I already have a sheet of brass of unknown composition, so it would be neat if I could use that with no worries. Still would need a rod for turning fittings, but the difference is shipping from Europe (where I am), and China. I’d prefer the former, but all I can find easily accessible is less pure compositions.

The same is true for solder, there is no copper solder, and I’m not too comfortable brazing, so soldering is the way I ideally want to go. Would there be any difference for normal lead solder, or lead free?

As always, I’ve created a wall of text. Sorry about that..

TL;DR: Making custom brass reservoir, will brass alloys with tiny amounts of Aluminium corrode my loop? And what is the best solder to use in water cooling loops?