Packetloss issue for over a month, my problem or ISP?

chexor

I have had issue with packet loss for about month, it gets better/worst from time to time but packetloss is here. I generally dont have any packtloss in morning or untill 3-4 pm, after that it starts and it only gets worst and worst (from 5% up to 20%).. I tested this on 2 different PC's ingames or using CMD to ping www.google.com. Games do more then 1 ping per second which overall shows higher packetloss then CMD pings.. Now im looking for some kind of software that will test packetloss more then 1 ping per second.. 

P.S. Cable company changed their router, it didnt help, i called them many times, and all i get "we are looking into your problem"..

Tbh just go ahead and learn basic for 1 sec and write the program yourself, its not that hard...

3 minutes ago, Mephi00 said:

Tbh just go ahead and learn basic for 1 sec and write the program yourself, its not that hard...

Not very helpfull.. Im sure there's some good software that will do the job just fine, ones i tested ping only 1 per second

Pingplotter is the software I use when troubleshooting connection from site to site.

Currently running with a MacBook Pro 14 2021, may build or pick up a gaming laptop again in the future. 

14 hours ago, chexor said:

I have had issue with packet loss for about month, it gets better/worst from time to time but packetloss is here. I generally dont have any packtloss in morning or untill 3-4 pm, after that it starts and it only gets worst and worst (from 5% up to 20%).. I tested this on 2 different PC's ingames or using CMD to ping www.google.com. Games do more then 1 ping per second which overall shows higher packetloss then CMD pings.. Now im looking for some kind of software that will test packetloss more then 1 ping per second.. 

P.S. Cable company changed their router, it didnt help, i called them many times, and all i get "we are looking into your problem"..

I wonder if its a signal issue OR an overloaded node. The signal issue normally can be tested for easily, if the ISP gives you access to the diagnostic pages of your modem. If its a node, they aint going to tell you, and may not fix it quickly. The congestion issue makes since because 3-4 PM starts prime time, when every one in their mom comes home and jumps online. Remember cable internet is Fiber to the node. From the little research I have done I found that Comcast runs something like a 10 Gbps Fiber line to the node in the area, nodes supply internet to 130 ish people on the Comcast network, BUT in the past it could have been 100-300 people on a node. The only reason they have reduced the number on the node is due to Gigabit offerings, they need the extra bandwidth available. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

29 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

I wonder if its a signal issue OR an overloaded node. The signal issue normally can be tested for easily, if the ISP gives you access to the diagnostic pages of your modem. If its a node, they aint going to tell you, and may not fix it quickly. The congestion issue makes since because 3-4 PM starts prime time, when every one in their mom comes home and jumps online. Remember cable internet is Fiber to the node. From the little research I have done I found that Comcast runs something like a 10 Gbps Fiber line to the node in the area, nodes supply internet to 130 ish people on the Comcast network, BUT in the past it could have been 100-300 people on a node. The only reason they have reduced the number on the node is due to Gigabit offerings, they need the extra bandwidth available. 

Hands down its overloaded. I just upgraded a 1gig link on one of our remotes and at 3-4pm the gig link would be saturated. I am talking 400 customers off that chassis and at peaks I was seeing 70% loss as the queue filled well beyond. Use on all our links show 4-8pm as the heaviest times be far. It was much needed but customers did suffer until we could get the hardware. 

Then take into account that christmas was a month ago. Think of all the shiny new affordable 4k TVs and all the extra bandwidth being sucked down. There is no doubt this is the case and unfortunately there is nothing he can do.

1 minute ago, mynameisjuan said:

shiny new affordable 4k TVs and all the extra bandwidth being sucked down.

Luck for me Im on Comcast and we gots a 1TB cap. That discourages streaming 4K content. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

1 minute ago, Donut417 said:

Luck for me Im on Comcast and we gots a 1TB cap. That discourages streaming 4K content. 

And that is why I understand the point of data caps. 

No other isp? Telephone companies near you?

Currently running with a MacBook Pro 14 2021, may build or pick up a gaming laptop again in the future.