build for my nephew

NightCrawller

Hello, I am new to these forums, Please don't be hard on me ?
 I would like to ask some help on building computer for my nephew, I am terrible when it comes to prices. The Computer is going to be mainly used for playing (Fortnite) and occasionally streaming and video editing. 

Since he wants to stream it and do some video editing. He also wants to play it 1080p 60fps+ with High/Epic Settings, I never played Fortnite before, nor I find it interesting for my taste, so I don't really know, what requirements it needs for 1080p 60fps+ High/Epic Graphic. My Budget is around £500-600. I tried checking "PC Part Picker" But I always end up over £700.

Also for Graphic Card I am aiming for RX 580 or RX 590 (Because it bundles with 2-3 Games, Which I was planning to Pre-order one of them for myself anyway. that would be a good opportunity, 2 Birds - 1 Shot and I could sell the rest)

He has Monitor,Keyboard,Mouse. and I have a Spare SSD for him. 

So The only thing I need is CPU/GPU/Motherboard/RAM/PSU/Case.

I was thinking about Ryzen 5 2600, Since he mentioned he wanted to do stream and video editing so I guess AMD would be better choice for that but I am Unsure if the non X version comes with a cooler, I heard that 2600x comes with a decent cooler,  

Can someone help me build a PC in a budget of £500-600? and share pcpartpicker recommendations Please.

Thank you.

rx 580 8gb

2x8 2666mhz ram

case is more personal preference, since it is what you will have to look at (or in your case, your nephew)

im not sure about PSUs, so I will leave that to someone else here

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  Quote for a reply  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*   Ask for discord   *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

1 minute ago, Himommies said:

Hello, Thank you for your reply, Also Motherboard seem to have Potential issues/incompatibilities, to Update BIOS I may require a different CPU or that's what it says in the warning, or can be done without it?.  

As for Ram I think 2 Sticks would be better because of dual channel, But Thank you for your recommendation, appreciated.  ?

10 minutes ago, Himommies said:

Memory

Everything else looks fine, but the 1x16 bugs me. I’d say OP should go for dual channel (2x8)

Ryzen 2600 is a very capable chip and it wont let u down, ive used loads in builds.

MAIN PC (Beast) - Asus ROG Crosshair Hero VII WIFI  with BIOS 4703, AMD Ryzen R9 3900XT + Corsair H115i Pro RGB XT Cooling, 32GB G.Skill 3200Mhz 16,18,18,38 1.35v DDR4, Inno3d HerculeZ Design Nvidia GTX 1080 X2 8GB GDDR5,  1 x Samsung U28E590D & 1 x Samsung U32J59XUQ 3840 x 2160 4K, 1 x Samsung Evo 970 Evo Plus NVME PCI-E 1TB, 1 x Samsung Evo 850 250GB, 1 X Sandisk Ultra II SSD 240GB + 2 X 3TB Seagate Barracuda SATA III, 1 x LG BH16NS40 16x BR\DVDRW, ICYBOX IB3740-C31 & ICYBOX IB3640-03,  MZHOU 7 Ports PCIe USB 3.0 Card, 1 x XIAOLO 2.5G Intel I225V Ethernet Card, 2 x UGREEN Hard Drive Enclosure 3.5 inch External SATA Disk Caddy Reader USB 3.0 2.5 3.5 HDD SSD 16TB UASP Case Dock Station With 12V 2A Power Adapter For Windows with 6TB Seagate Barracuda SATA III, Corsair Obsidian 750D Wind Force Edition Case + 5 Corsair ML140 140mm Case Fans, EVGA 750 g3 750w Gold 80+ PSU, Logitech MX Vertical Mouse, Logitech MX Vertical & MX Ergo Trackball Mouse using same USB unifying device, Microsoft Ergonomic Keyboard, Windows 11 Pro x64 Retail, Synology ds215j NAS + 1x3TB WD Reds connected to a 6TB Seagate USB 3.0 Backup Plus Hub, Blue Yeti Microphone, Logitech C922 Pro HD,  Logitech C920 Pro HD, Bit Defender Total Security 2021.

Second PC (Cyclops) - MSI 990FXA Gaming, AMD FX 8370 4Ghz, Corsair 16GB Vengeance Red 9-9-9-24 1600Mhz, Arctic Cooling Freezer 13, Asus Strix 1050TI 4GB, 1 X Acer 27" Full HD Monitor, 1 X Sandisk Ultra II SSD 240GB, 1 x Samsung Evo 850 250GB, 2 X Seagate Barracuda 2TB, 1 X WD Black 2TB, 1 x ASUS 16x DVDRW, X-Case Eagle III Case, 3 X Corsair AF 120 Case Fans, EVGA 850 G2 80+ Gold + PSU, Logitech MX Master Mouse, Corsair K30 Keyboard, Logitech C920 Webcam, R0DE NT1-A Microphone, Scarlet 212 Audio Interface (Revision 2), Windows 10 Pro X64 Retail, Bit Defender Total Security 2021, 2TB Seagate Expansion USB Hard Drive.

Third PC (Old Trustie) - Acer Aspire M3400, OEM Mainboard, AMD FX Athlon II X3 425 2.7Ghz, 16GB Corsair Value 1600Mhz Ram, OEM CPU Cooler, AMD R7 260 2GB GPU, 1 X Acer 27" Full HD Monitor, 1 X Sandisk Ultra II SSD 240GB, 2TB Samsung SATA III, 1 X OEM 16X DVDRW, 1 X Acer OEM Case, 1 X Corsair AF120 Case Can, Corsair CX500 Bronze+ CPU, Logitech MX Master Mouse, Corsair K30 Keyboard, Windows 10 Home X64 OEM, Logitech C920 Webcam, Bit Defender Total Security 2021.

Printers Include - Canon MG5750, Canon, IP8750,  Canon Pixma Mega tank G5050 & 2 X Samsung Xpress C410W.

1 X Zexrow Xbox360 Wired Game Controller.

TP Link Archer AX6000 Cable Router Wifi6 with a Virgin Media Hub 4.0 in Modem only mode running 1GB Fibre internet.

Samsung Galaxy S21+ 256GB Mobile Phone.

Internet Speed.....

https://www.speedtest.net/result/9935039193

2 minutes ago, NightCrawller said:

Hello, Thank you for your reply, Also Motherboard seem to have Potential issues/incompatibilities, to Update BIOS I may require a different CPU or that's what it says in the warning, or can be done without it?.  

As for Ram I think 2 Sticks would be better because of dual channel, But Thank you for your recommendation, appreciated.  ?

What i did is i went to a computer repair shop and paid them 5 bucks to lend me a cpu for a couple minutes

If you want you can spend maybe 10-20 more on a MOBO with something like EZ-Flash where you don't need a CPU

My life

Just now, NightCrawller said:

Hello, I am new to these forums, Please don't be hard on me ?
 I would like to ask some help on building computer for my nephew, I am terrible when it comes to prices. The Computer is going to be mainly used for playing (Fortnite) and occasionally streaming and video editing. 

Since he wants to stream it and do some video editing. He also wants to play it 1080p 60fps+ with High/Epic Settings, I never played Fortnite before, nor I find it interesting for my taste, so I don't really know, what requirements it needs for 1080p 60fps+ High/Epic Graphic. My Budget is around £500-600. I tried checking "PC Part Picker" But I always end up over £700.

Also for Graphic Card I am aiming for RX 580 or RX 590 (Because it bundles with 2-3 Games, Which I was planning to Pre-order one of them for myself anyway. that would be a good opportunity, 2 Birds - 1 Shot and I could sell the rest)

He has Monitor,Keyboard,Mouse. and I have a Spare SSD for him. 

So The only thing I need is CPU/GPU/Motherboard/RAM/PSU/Case.

I was thinking about Ryzen 5 2600, Since he mentioned he wanted to do stream and video editing so I guess AMD would be better choice for that but I am Unsure if the non X version comes with a cooler, I heard that 2600x comes with a decent cooler,  

Can someone help me build a PC in a budget of £500-600? and share pcpartpicker recommendations Please.

Thank you.

I think this would be better since he stated that he already had an SSD plus he would then also for only $10 more get dual channel as well as higher speed memory though you he could also go for a B350 or B450 motherboard though 300 series boards of course if he didn't get one with a up to date BIOS need a CPU to update it.

5 minutes ago, Hotseff said:
... Seasonic EVO Edition 620 W 80+ Bronze blah blah blah ...

Oof, trash psu.

What i did is i went to a computer repair shop and paid them 5 bucks to lend me a cpu for a couple minutes

If you want you can spend maybe 10-20 more on a MOBO with something like EZ-Flash where you don't need a CPU

I see, Thank you for info.

1 minute ago, hello_there_123 said:

Oof, trash psu.

?

Did you just see the bronze and call it trash

It's IMO one of the best PSU's at the price

My life

Just now, Himommies said:

?

Did you just see the bronze and call it trash

It's IMO one of the best PSU's at the price

It's group regulated and has lots of missing protections (gotta go full Jap caps no matter what, nice thinking there Seasonic). Under crossload the voltages will go WAY out of ATX spec and the PSU will either shut down or deal damage to the components, especially over time. Not to mention that it's very loud under load, and the double forward topology won't play well with GPU transient spikes. 

A much better budget option would be the Corsair CX 2017 550W, which avoids all of these problems by implementing a Half bridge LLC topology (and with that having DC-DC instead of awful group regulation), not having a decade-old supervisor IC, and being relatively quiet even under load. 

16 minutes ago, Himommies said:

I’m pretty sure AMD will give you a free boot kit as long as you return it

Just now, NightCrawller said:

Also how about this Motherboard? MSI B450 TOMAHAWK is it good?

Yeah, in my opinion it is

6 minutes ago, hello_there_123 said:

It's group regulated and has lots of missing protections (gotta go full Jap caps no matter what, nice thinking there Seasonic). Under crossload the voltages will go WAY out of ATX spec and the PSU will either shut down or deal damage to the components, especially over time. Not to mention that it's very loud under load, and the double forward topology won't play well with GPU transient spikes. 

A much better budget option would be the Corsair CX 2017 550W, which avoids all of these problems by implementing a Half bridge LLC topology (and with that having DC-DC instead of awful group regulation), not having a decade-old supervisor IC, and being relatively quiet even under load. 

IDK about the 2017 models as I haven't looked into those too extensively yet,but past experience has taught me that the CX series isn't that great,along with being not even semi modualar.Im not really a PSU enthusiast but if its good enough for HardOcp its good enough for most pepolehttps://www.hardocp.com/article/2010/05/18/seasonic_m12ii620_power_supply_review/

My life

6 minutes ago, iLostMyXbox21 said:

Yeah, in my opinion it is

https://www.amazon.co.uk/MSI-B450M-MORTAR-Motherboard-Processors/dp/B07FNMLCTM/ref=sr_1_2?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1550613008&sr=1-2&keywords=MSI+-+B450+TOMAHAWK+ATX+AM4+Motherboard

This should be compatible with the CPU too, correct me of I am wrong?. Thx in advance

IDK about the 2017 models as I haven't looked into those too extensively yet,but past experience has taught me that the CX series isn't that great,along with being not even semi modualar.Im not really a PSU enthusiast but if its good enough for HardOcp its good enough for most pepolehttps://www.hardocp.com/article/2010/05/18/seasonic_m12ii620_power_supply_review/

That review is from 2010. 

Also you are right in that the old CX series (same problems as the Seasonics, group regulation, loud, outdated protections etc.) was garbage, probably even more so than the Seasonic S12ii/M12ii/EVO series. However, the new (black label) CX series completely outclasses both the old series and the Seasonics.

3 minutes ago, NightCrawller said:

Yeah it’s an AM4 B450 motherboard. So it is

Just now, hello_there_123 said:

That review is from 2010. 

PSUs to my understanding are like audio equipment.If its good in 1999 its probably still good now

If they say the PSU is going to last say 10 years in 2010 ill probably still do that today.My main gripe with the CX series is that there not modular.However your entitled to your opinion and I won't argue with you anymore

My life

I've decided to go with, although it's not final Decision, and I kinda went over my budget x.x, I also didn't include PSU, since you guys were taking about PSU, which one should I really pick? The one that was mentioned above, even though it's only $45, but the same one in UK is £75 so I might get a better at that price? idk. anything I should change in this list or make it cheaper ?

Edit: will EVGA SuperNOVA 650W G3, 80 Plus Gold be okey for this build?

Edited by NightCrawller

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz 6-Core Processor  (£149.97 @ Amazon UK) 
Motherboard: Asus - PRIME X370-PRO ATX AM4 Motherboard  (£79.98 @ Ebuyer) see if you can message Ebuyer and ask if the bios is updated for zen+ CPUs, or get ready to order a bootkit from AMD if it's not updated.
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 8 GB (1 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (£45.94 @ CCL Computers) 
Storage: Kingston - A1000 240 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  (£46.46 @ CCL Computers) 
Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (£35.99 @ Amazon UK) 
Video Card: Asus - Radeon RX 580 4 GB Dual Video Card  (£149.98 @ Ebuyer) 
Case: Game Max - FALCON WHITE RGB ATX Mid Tower Case  (£47.39 @ AWD-IT) 
Power Supply: Corsair - CXM (2015) 450 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  (£46.99 @ AWD-IT) 
Total: £602.70
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-02-20 02:48 GMT+0000

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W