Crackling noise from 2070

aero36

Hey so recently I have been hearing a crackling noise from my 2070 and I don't think I first heard it until after playing Vampyr for a bit and it was hitting 100% of the card (Max settings, 4k, V-sync, my tracker says its averaging 50 but often 60 fps, so maybe I am overdoing it?). Now even without something intensive it tends to start crackling eventually. From what I read in general that this isn't harmful, but I wanted to ask more specifically to a 2070: Can this become something problematic? Can it be indicative of major upcoming issues? I know 2070s had artifacting and crashing issues, can these be signs of that? I did see people making their own fixes for miscellaneous cards, from 960 through 1070, etc, though I am trying to keep the warranty intact and if there is an issue I'd want to get it fixed while it is in warranty.

I've had the card since mid Dec and it was only recent that it started to occur. I think it may have started after the driver update preceding the recent Metro one. 

Thank you!

Edit: In immediate hindsight I probably should've posted this in Troubleshooting

Either coil whine or it's coming from your PSU, stick your ear in the PSU exhaust and if it seems like it's coming from the PSU you have a faulty one most likely.

my guess is coil whine its completely normal, upload an audio recording.

(◣_◢) Ryzen 5 3600,   Aorus X370 K7,   XPG 16GB 3200,   Gigabyte 2070 Windforce Corsair RM650x,   LG 32GK650F-B 31.5" 144Hz QHD FreeSync VA,   Kingston 120GB SSD,   Samsung 1TB 860 QVO,   2TB HDD,   Fractal Design Meshify C,   Corsair K63 Wireless,   Corsair Gaming M65 PRO,   Audio Technica ATH M50x,   Windows 10 ProCorsair H100x 240mm.  (◣_◢)

(◣_◢) Ryzen 5 1600,   Noctua NH-L12S,   Gigabyte GTX 1060 6G,   ASUS Prime B350 Plus,   HyperX Fury 8GB DDR4 (2666MHz - 1.3v),   SilverStone ET550-B,   Kingston 120GB SSD 2TB HDD,   Cougar MX330,   Windows 10 Pro.  (◣_◢)

On 2/19/2019 at 5:40 AM, Wormhole said:

my guess is coil whine its completely normal, upload an audio recording.

On 2/18/2019 at 11:25 PM, hello_there_123 said:

Either coil whine or it's coming from your PSU, stick your ear in the PSU exhaust and if it seems like it's coming from the PSU you have a faulty one most likely.

Sorry getting back so late, thank you each of you! I took a closer look (well "hear") and its actually coming from towards the top, either the fan on top, or maybe the CPU cooler. I can't seem to get audio as that top fan overshadows the buzzing for my phone, though I can hear the buzzing but not the fan from where I sit

1 hour ago, aero36 said:

Sorry getting back so late, thank you each of you! I took a closer look (well "hear") and its actually coming from towards the top, either the fan on top, or maybe the CPU cooler. I can't seem to get audio as that top fan overshadows the buzzing for my phone, though I can hear the buzzing but not the fan from where I sit

check your hard drives if you have any, and i'd unplug the rear exhaust fan to locate the sound if its blocking the noise

(◣_◢) Ryzen 5 3600,   Aorus X370 K7,   XPG 16GB 3200,   Gigabyte 2070 Windforce Corsair RM650x,   LG 32GK650F-B 31.5" 144Hz QHD FreeSync VA,   Kingston 120GB SSD,   Samsung 1TB 860 QVO,   2TB HDD,   Fractal Design Meshify C,   Corsair K63 Wireless,   Corsair Gaming M65 PRO,   Audio Technica ATH M50x,   Windows 10 ProCorsair H100x 240mm.  (◣_◢)

(◣_◢) Ryzen 5 1600,   Noctua NH-L12S,   Gigabyte GTX 1060 6G,   ASUS Prime B350 Plus,   HyperX Fury 8GB DDR4 (2666MHz - 1.3v),   SilverStone ET550-B,   Kingston 120GB SSD 2TB HDD,   Cougar MX330,   Windows 10 Pro.  (◣_◢)