How do i find a video database tool

So I am working at company that have alot of video files on a server. We are all working on Mac machines. And i'm not 100% sure what is in the server rack. For me it is just a tall locked HP box that makes noise in the corner. The problem we are having and I will try to find the first steps to solve is how do we make the over 50TB of video searchable? Is there a software, tool or do we need someone to program for us. We have digitalized old tapes and dvds and all files are named with Date - Order - Hwo made it - "Working title". We still make all from 5 to 20 videos every day. And if we cold tag them so they are searchable later. And have a tool to do face and/or object recognition and try to make more searchable tags for the entire archive of videos that would be cool. (And yes we want one persone i full time job to do the archive job and double chek that things get taged corect. But he would need a tool to help him since it more than 4 years of continuous video)

Any tips on what to start searching for. What to ask when talking with experts. Or what a database tool like we need is called. Becaouse for 2 weeks i have only found Imdb clones and database of journalists and stock videos on all my google-searches.

I'm 100% sure there is an easier way to do this. But I have always used WinDirStat run from the server.