I checked out this website

Urgh, not again.

Try the following:
Input i7-3930K

8x DDR-3 SDRAM

RX480

7200rpm + SSD

And see what it recommends

My measurements show around 350W or less.

which Linus recommended in an older video, and the recommended PSU Wattage is approx. 380.

See, older Video.

The Problem with that thing is that it works with PSU Manufacturers and have an incentive to overestimate the Power Consumption.

You should believe people actually measuring it more or read reviews.

I'm planning to buy a beefier video card closer to the end of the year, and eventually upgrade the CPU (though for now it's more than adequate),

Yeah, I have to use _TWO_ Radeon HD7970/280X to utilize close to 550W.

That should give you a ballpark...

If you have a week, you can wait and post in this thread, while tagging me. 

At that time, I should have ordered the Sapphire Nitro+ VEGA64...

A couple of days later I should have the Power Consumption of my System...

so I think that 550 would be a decent amount. Any clue if this PSU Tier List from this forum is more or less up to date? I could buy the Corsair RM550x 550W, Be Quiet! Straight Power 11 550W, maybe one of the Cooler Master ones. A lot of people seem to recommend the Be Quiet! PSU's, so that might be the one I go for.

Cooler Master's newest V-Gold is not tested yet.

An Alternative is Bitfenix Whisper M.

Though at that level, you could throw a coin, though I'd prefer the be quiet one because its, as the name suggest, quieter and possibly has the best or at least one of the best fans you find in PSU.

Another question, If i were to upgrade my GPU from a 1060 3GB to a, (ideally) RTX 2080, even 550W probably wouldn't be enough to supply it, right? My 1060 can use up to 120W, the 2080 can use about 225. NVidia themselves recommend 650W PSU for the 2080.

Ähm, no?
550W Should be enough for VEGA64, wich I will test in a bit over a week (if nothing goes wrong that is)...

If you don't go full HEDT -> Threadripper or LGA20xx, you'll be fine.

But at the end of the year, everything will be different, NAVI should have been released, Zen2 aka Ryzen 3000 series as well.

Hello!

The performance of my PC has been lacking due to a low quality PSU, so I'd like to upgrade it (I experience complete system shutdowns on high load, Kernel Power Error 41). My system is:

Windows 10, 64 bit

SL-500A PSU

AMD Ryzen 5 2600X

NVIDIA 1060 3GB

ASRock A320M-HDV

Samsung 970 Evo NVMe PCIe M.2 500GB

Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000 C16 2x8GB

Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 1TB

A couple of friends, acquaintances recommenced me the following PSU's - Fortron Hydro GE 550W, Fortron Hyper M85+ 650W,  Be Quiet Pure Power 11, Be Quiet Straight Power 11, Corsair RM550x, Corsair TX550m.

Does anyone have experience with the aforementioned PSU's? Also, how exactly would I go about checking the compatibility of the PSU with my motherboard? Supposedly, websites like pcpartpicker have built-in compatibility checks, can they be trusted?

My budget is around 100 euros (give or take twenty if the quality changes a lot), which is approx 120 US dollars.

Thanks for your time!

Corsair RMX PSUs are supposed to be good, I've never used them myself. 

Personally, I would  recommend a Seasonic 80+ Gold unit or higher. I've had good experiences with those in the past.

Primary PC: - https://pcpartpicker.com/list/8G3tXv (Windows 10 Home)

HTPC: - https://pcpartpicker.com/list/KdBb4n (Windows 10 Home)
Server: Dell Precision T7500 - Dual Xeon X5660's, 44GB ECC DDR3, Dell Nvidia GTX 645 (Windows Server 2019 Standard)      

*SLI Rig* - i7-920, MSI-X58 Platinum SLI, 12GB DDR3, Dual EVGA GTX 260 Core 216 in SLI - https://pcpartpicker.com/list/GHw6vW (Windows 7 Pro)

HP DC7900 - Core 2 Duo E8400, 4GB DDR2, Nvidia GeForce 8600 GT (Windows Vista)

Compaq Presario 5000 - Pentium 4 1.7Ghz, 1.7GB SDR, PowerColor Radeon 9600 Pro (Windows XP x86 Pro)
Compaq Presario 8772 - Pentium MMX 200Mhz, 48MB PC66, 6GB Quantum HDD, "8GB" HP SATA SSD adapted to IDE (Windows 98 SE)

Asus M32AD - Intel i3-4170, 8GB DDR3, 250GB Seagate 2.5" HDD (converting to SSD soon), EVGA GeForce GTS 250, OEM 350W PSU (Windows 10 Core)

*Haswell Tower* https://pcpartpicker.com/list/3vw6vW (Windows 10 Home)

*ITX Box* - https://pcpartpicker.com/list/r36s6R (Windows 10 Education)

Dell Dimension XPS B800 - Pentium 3 800Mhz, RDRAM

In progress projects:

*Skylake Tower* - Pentium G4400, Asus H110

*Trash Can* - AMD A4-6300

*GPU Test Bench*

*Pfsense router* - Pentium G3220, Asrock H97m Pro A4, 4GB DDR3

You don't need a 550W PSU to power your ~200W PC. The Pure Power 10/11 400W is fine, and should also be one of your cheaper options. Personal experiences don't matter, what you want is professional reviews. 

The ATX standard is a standard. Meaning you can use pretty much any standard PSU on any standard motherboard. 

:)

Bitfenix Formula gold 450w would be a great pick for you.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

59 minutes ago, seon123 said:

You don't need a 550W PSU to power your ~200W PC. The Pure Power 10/11 400W is fine, and should also be one of your cheaper options. Personal experiences don't matter, what you want is professional reviews. 

The ATX standard is a standard. Meaning you can use pretty much any standard PSU on any standard motherboard. 

I checked out this website, which Linus recommended in an older video, and the recommended PSU Wattage is approx. 380. I'm planning to buy a beefier video card closer to the end of the year, and eventually upgrade the CPU (though for now it's more than adequate), so I think that 550 would be a decent amount. Any clue if this PSU Tier List from this forum is more or less up to date? I could buy the Corsair RM550x 550W, Be Quiet! Straight Power 11 550W, maybe one of the Cooler Master ones. A lot of people seem to recommend the Be Quiet! PSU's, so that might be the one I go for. Since the ATX is a standard, I should be able to figure it out myself, I guess. Another question, If i were to upgrade my GPU from a 1060 3GB to a, (ideally) RTX 2080, even 550W probably wouldn't be enough to supply it, right? My 1060 can use up to 120W, the 2080 can use about 225. NVidia themselves recommend 650W PSU for the 2080.

46 minutes ago, MiiaBestLamia said:

I checked out this website, which Linus recommended in an older video, and the recommended PSU Wattage is approx. 380. I'm planning to buy a beefier video card closer to the end of the year, and eventually upgrade the CPU (though for now it's more than adequate), so I think that 550 would be a decent amount. Any clue if this PSU Tier List from this forum is more or less up to date? I could buy the Corsair RM550x 550W, Be Quiet! Straight Power 11 550W, maybe one of the Cooler Master ones. A lot of people seem to recommend the Be Quiet! PSU's, so that might be the one I go for. Since the ATX is a standard, I should be able to figure it out myself, I guess. Another question, If i were to upgrade my GPU from a 1060 3GB to a, (ideally) RTX 2080, even 550W probably wouldn't be enough to supply it, right? My 1060 can use up to 120W, the 2080 can use about 225. NVidia themselves recommend 650W PSU for the 2080.

550W PSU would be enough for 2080 as long as you don't get something like a 2990WX for CPU upgrade. What Nvidia recommends is basically useless, because they have no possible way of knowing what system you have. For example, overclocked 9900k and stock 2080 uses ~380W under heavy gaming load.

Ex-EX build: Liquidfy C+... R.I.P.

Ex-build:

Meshify C – sold

Ryzen 5 1600x @4.0 GHz/1.4V – sold

Gigabyte X370 Aorus Gaming K7 – sold

Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB @3200 Mhz – sold

Alpenfoehn Brocken 3 Black Edition – it's somewhere

Sapphire Vega 56 Pulse – ded

Intel SSD 660p 1TB – sold

be Quiet! Straight Power 11 750w – sold

1 minute ago, Quadriplegic said:

550W PSU would be enough for 2080 as long as you don't get something like a 2990WX for CPU upgrade. What Nvidia recommends is basically useless, because they have no possible way of knowing what system you have

Fair enough, the games I plan on playing are mostly GPU intensive, so the CPU upgrade will definitely have to wait for a while. I've heard that the newer 20XX NVidia cards are in a questionable state, since they are supposedly not really all that stable, and break easily (malfunction might be the right word), have you heard anything about this? I know this is the PSU section of the forum, so this might be sort of unrelated.

I used an Antec Edge 550W for around 4-5 years, and it was flawless. If you will be looking for aftermarket cables, now or in the future, you might be out of luck with this power supply. I was told that antec uses a weird standard for connectors. Personally, I would go with something higher wattage if you can get a decent deal, simply because I'd rather "be looking at the watts then looking for them". I put a 1000W Corsair RM1000I, just simply because it was rated decently, and on a good sale. That powers a GTX 1070TI, Core i5 7600K, 2 mechanical hard drives, and 2 SSDs

-Nick

CX450M (that's powering my OCed i7 950 and 1050 Ti rn, used to run an i5 2400 and 980 Ti off it), CX550 (have one, used 4 more in rigs for work, solid PSU), the TXm PSUs (put one in a rig for a friend Christmas 2017, has been powering a 6700K and R9 290X on a custom loop since then with almost no maintainence, I cleaned it about 2 months ago), RMx/RMi/RM PSUs (I have an RMi, excellent unit), etc. Heck ton of good options out there, and those are all just from Corsair. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

Plus one for Bitfenix Formula Gold 450W. Or Whisper M450 if you'd opt for a modular one. Both available in 550 w versions as well. And they are pretty well priced.

Life is really challenging. I don't always suceed: )

2 hours ago, MiiaBestLamia said:

I checked out this website, which Linus recommended in an older video, and the recommended PSU Wattage is approx. 380.

That website always overestimates the wattage to get more sales out of their affiliate links. 

That being said, you'll be fine with a Corsair CX 2017 450W. 

5 hours ago, MiiaBestLamia said:

I checked out this website

Urgh, not again.

Try the following:
Input i7-3930K

8x DDR-3 SDRAM

RX480

7200rpm + SSD

And see what it recommends

My measurements show around 350W or less.

which Linus recommended in an older video, and the recommended PSU Wattage is approx. 380.

See, older Video.

The Problem with that thing is that it works with PSU Manufacturers and have an incentive to overestimate the Power Consumption.

You should believe people actually measuring it more or read reviews.

I'm planning to buy a beefier video card closer to the end of the year, and eventually upgrade the CPU (though for now it's more than adequate),

Yeah, I have to use _TWO_ Radeon HD7970/280X to utilize close to 550W.

That should give you a ballpark...

If you have a week, you can wait and post in this thread, while tagging me. 

At that time, I should have ordered the Sapphire Nitro+ VEGA64...

A couple of days later I should have the Power Consumption of my System...

so I think that 550 would be a decent amount. Any clue if this PSU Tier List from this forum is more or less up to date? I could buy the Corsair RM550x 550W, Be Quiet! Straight Power 11 550W, maybe one of the Cooler Master ones. A lot of people seem to recommend the Be Quiet! PSU's, so that might be the one I go for.

Cooler Master's newest V-Gold is not tested yet.

An Alternative is Bitfenix Whisper M.

Though at that level, you could throw a coin, though I'd prefer the be quiet one because its, as the name suggest, quieter and possibly has the best or at least one of the best fans you find in PSU.

Another question, If i were to upgrade my GPU from a 1060 3GB to a, (ideally) RTX 2080, even 550W probably wouldn't be enough to supply it, right? My 1060 can use up to 120W, the 2080 can use about 225. NVidia themselves recommend 650W PSU for the 2080.

Ähm, no?
550W Should be enough for VEGA64, wich I will test in a bit over a week (if nothing goes wrong that is)...

If you don't go full HEDT -> Threadripper or LGA20xx, you'll be fine.

But at the end of the year, everything will be different, NAVI should have been released, Zen2 aka Ryzen 3000 series as well.

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"