Keyboard and mouse dont work in bios!!

bnanos79

I cant cant get into the bios they  only starts to work when windows boots,i tried going into the bios through windows and i got in but both were still not working,this is a very weird issue and i dont know how to fix it,

I really need to get into the bios as well to change some fan setting,sata setting and overclock stuff

3 minutes ago, Ansuex said:

Did you try using the old ps/2 connector?

i dont have any ps2 keyboards/mice and i dont think i have an adapter 

Usually this issue is solved by using a ps/2 keyboard, maybe you can pick one up somewhere for the cheap?

Check for example your local thrift store.

5 minutes ago, Ansuex said:

Usually this issue is solved by using a ps/2 keyboard, maybe you can pick one up somewhere for the cheap?

Check for example your local thrift store.

will an adaptor work?

Using an adapter did not work for me.  I am having the same issue. You have to have a native old school ps\2 keyboard for it to be recoginized.  My MSI z270 has only one ps\2 port so I can only have just a keyboard working or a mouse.   The only thing I noticed wrong with my computer was that a new update came out from Windows and my computer will not properly update for the first time and no usb devices are being recognized by my system.

Banjos did you ever find a solution?   My computer still does not recognize ANY usb inputs , and will not turn off when shut down. I was able to finish the Windows 10 updates finally, but I only have one ps/2 port so I can only use a ps/2 keyboard.  I have a ps\2 mouse but it will not not swap apparently, since you can't boot with a mouse only i cannot use it either to help fix the computer.  I am going to try to reinstall.The motherboard usb drivers next but without a mouse it will be challenging to acomplish.

• 1 month later...

I'm having the same issue on my new bios. I just updated to a UEFI bios for the Rx 580 I just bought. But I need to set up some new drives and can't use the bios now. Actually I haven't really even seen the bios and what the settings are since the switch.