For the final time: which 270

rentaspoon

So I'm finally at the point of buying a graphics card, just to point out overclocking isn't important to me, I'm not a fan of powercolor or sapphire but only from what I've heard about them and I can justify buying a 280x instead of feeding my family ;-).

I was set on a msi gaming 270, but started looking at the gigabyte 270x windforce with BF4 for £161.

BUT I can get a 4gb sapphire for the same price for "this week only".

So please help me choose I'm only going to be on a tv as this is for my couch gaming/lan pc so we are taking 720/1080p for now.

powercolor and sapphire are fine, i suggest the 2 gb version, for the 4 gb has no effect

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

So I'm finally at the point of buying a graphics card, just to point out overclocking isn't important to me, I'm not a fan of powercolor or sapphire but only from what I've heard about them and I can justify buying a 280x instead of feeding my family ;-).

I was set on a msi gaming 270, but started looking at the gigabyte 270x windforce with BF4 for £161.

So please help me choose I'm only going to be on a tv as this is for my couch gaming/lan pc so we are taking 720/1080p for now.

http://www.amazon.com/Sapphire-Radeon-PCI-Express-Graphics-11217-02-40G/dp/B00FLMKREQ So like 170 in your currency

And yes, this is my final answer

8320 @ 4.3ghz l Gigabyte 970a Ud3 l Hyper 212 Evo l R9 290 l 8gb RAM 1866 Vengeance l 1tb WD Black l 120gb Samsung Evo SSD l HX750 Gold PSU l 500d Arctic Case l Windows 8 OS l K65 and Blackwidow Keyboard l M65 and DeathAdder 2013 l Qck Steelseries l 24in Vizio Monitor 1080p

Reset to the 270. The 270X is pretty much pointless unless the price difference there between the 270 and it's X variant is small (say £1-£10?). For 720p, the 280X isn't really worth it so the 270 is way better for the money at that resolution.

If you regard my facts as wrong, feel free to rectify it.

——————————————————————————

If you regard my opinions as wrong, feel free to ignore it.

Never mind, yea it's just higher clocked with a better cooler, pcb. It's not worth the extra money. I believe that card should include a copy of battlefield 4, make sure it does!

8320 @ 4.3ghz l Gigabyte 970a Ud3 l Hyper 212 Evo l R9 290 l 8gb RAM 1866 Vengeance l 1tb WD Black l 120gb Samsung Evo SSD l HX750 Gold PSU l 500d Arctic Case l Windows 8 OS l K65 and Blackwidow Keyboard l M65 and DeathAdder 2013 l Qck Steelseries l 24in Vizio Monitor 1080p

Reset to the 270. The 270X is pretty much pointless unless the price difference there between the 270 and it's X variant is small (say £1-£10?). For 720p, the 280X isn't really worth it so the 270 is way better for the money at that resolution.

I've seen about 2 fps better on benchmarks between the 2gbs but what about the 4gb of memory? I would of thought it would struggle to use it all on its bandwidth (i intend to go 1080p and mod skyrim)

Well stupidly everyone here has forgot about the dark horse, the card that is more powerful and cheaper, it is known as the 7870 Xt, it comes in at £140, why is more powerful then? It has 1500 stream processors, it uses a tahiti core instead of pitcairn. Honestly with a minor overclock you have a 7950. Sorry but forget everything that has been said about,

http://www.aria.co.uk/SuperSpecials/Other+products/XFX+DD+Radeon+HD+7870+GHz+Edition+(Tahiti+LE)+2GB+GDDR5+Graphics+Card+%5BFX-787A-CNAC%5D+%2B+2+FREE+GAMES!+?productId=55140

Im very suprised that no one linked this.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

I really dislike these newer brands like MSI, XF and others i feel like they are untested in the long run and couldnt justify paying roughly the same for them as much older brands. As for Asus and Gigabyte im not sure i would buy those either as i have had alot of people tell me theres always had issues, the only card i commonly have heard as the more quality build and powerful under stock settings is the Sapphire.

As for Nvidia i love me some EVGA.

Well stupidly everyone here has forgot about the dark horse, the card that is more powerful and cheaper, it is known as the 7870 Xt, it comes in at £140, why is more powerful then? It has 1500 stream processors, it uses a tahiti core instead of pitcairn. Honestly with a minor overclock you have a 7950. Sorry but forget everything that has been said about,

http://www.aria.co.uk/SuperSpecials/Other+products/XFX+DD+Radeon+HD+7870+GHz+Edition+(Tahiti+LE)+2GB+GDDR5+Graphics+Card+%5BFX-787A-CNAC%5D+%2B+2+FREE+GAMES!+?productId=55140

Im very suprised that no one linked this.

That's because I want a R9 270 mate, I know I know better card and thanks for you concern.

I've seen about 2 fps better on benchmarks between the 2gbs but what about the 4gb of memory? I would of thought it would struggle to use it all on its bandwidth (i intend to go 1080p and mod skyrim)

In that case, the 280X would be a viable option. The 4GB VRAM is not fully utilized due to the small memory bus.

If you regard my facts as wrong, feel free to rectify it.

——————————————————————————

If you regard my opinions as wrong, feel free to ignore it.

In that case, the 280X would be a viable option. The 4GB VRAM is not fully utilized due to the small memory bus.

That's what i thought.

I really dislike these newer brands like MSI, XF and others i feel like they are untested in the long run and couldnt justify paying roughly the same for them as much older brands. As for Asus and Gigabyte im not sure i would buy those either as i have had alot of people tell me theres always had issues, the only card i commonly have heard as the more quality build and powerful under stock settings is the Sapphire.

As for Nvidia i love me some EVGA.

MSI have been round since thee 80s mate, look up microstar industries, I'm sure my 486 is one of theirs.

MSI have been round since thee 80s mate, look up microstar industries, I'm sure my 486 is one of theirs.

Have not seen a single MSI product using computers prior to late 2000s (08/09) since 1995 or earlier, These MSI Laptop, Mobos, GPUs, Afterburner and all have only really seen them hit the major market in the past 3-4 years. To me that is a sign of untested history verse a company like Asus, perhaps that logic has flaws but trusting your gut is as good as any.

Have not seen a single MSI product using computers prior to late 2000s (08/09) since 1995 or earlier, These MSI Laptop, Mobos, GPUs, Afterburner and all have only really seen them hit the major market in the past 3-4 years. To me that is a sign of untested history verse a company like Asus, perhaps that logic has flaws but trusting your gut is as good as any.

They made motherboards for years. I don't know when they started getting into the rest though. I had a MSI mobo  with an AMD Chip when Pentium 3 was just coming out.  Back then more people bought computers rather than building them themselves. If I recall the major mother board companies at that time were MSI, Gigabyte, AsRock (low end), Supermicro, and Intel.

As far as the question about which Video card. I also like HIS cards.

That's because most items before 2000 where stamp with micro star I should think and overclocking was an extreme thing back then IMO.

ASUS has a knack for "stealing" the market but MSI have been great for me.

But yeah trust your gut.

Edit: MSI does burn in tests on their OC gpus and motherboards, if you look at last years CES linus vids, he goes into it.

That's because most items before 2000 where stamp with micro star I should think and overclocking was an extreme thing back then IMO. ASUS has a knack for "stealing" the market but MSI have been great for me. But yeah trust your gut. Edit: MSI does burn in tests on their OC gpus and motherboards, if you look at last years CES linus vids, he goes into it.

Just so its been said, my 270x installed yesterday with the worst Coil Whine (buzzing) which only happens during gaming and through my microphone which makes it impossible to play with anyone, apparently i can get rid of this maybe by stress and OC but i would of stayed clear and spent the extra money on a 760 evga.

Anyway just something for thought do some google research apparently AMD for years have commonly had alot of coil whine from various products, not something heard of with nvidia, this is my thread.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/103374-microphone-buzzing-only-in-games/

Just so its been said, my 270x installed yesterday with the worst Coil Whine (buzzing)

This can happen with anything mate, I've had it on (admittedly) old old Nvidia cards and AMDs/ATIs but what make was yours.

This can happen with anything mate, I've had it on (admittedly) old old Nvidia cards and AMDs/ATIs but what make was yours.

Sapphire, but google says MSI Asus all are reporting the same problems, im sure the other brands are too if i looked that info up.

In my situation, i have the Gigabyte 270x (x2) in the 2gb flavor and I am happy as a chimp who was sprung from a makeup testing plant...it handles all my gaming (BF3/4, Mass Effect 3, World of Tanks, ect....) with no issues.  The 4gb is nice but still at the 256 bit rate which essentially makes the 4gb of vram kinda fall into the "huh" category.  If you were to stack that 4gb with say the 290 (x) 512bit or even the 280x 384bit rate, then your talking some serious performance....but stick to the 270/270x flavor and you will be ok for 1080p....

Case: Silverstone SG09B Motherboard: MSI Z10 Morter M-ATX CPU: I5-6600K  Ram: Corsair LP 2400 DD4 16GB GPU: MSI RX 480 Storage: Seagate HDD Baracuda 2TB x2, Crucial M200 500GB SSD X2 (Raid 0)PSU: Silverstone Strider Gold 1000W w/PP05E Kit

"When to say :blink: WTF :blink: ....$2K rig only used for Minesweeper and Internet Checkers marathons...."

Sapphire, but google says MSI Asus all are reporting the same problems, im sure the other brands are too if i looked that info up.

And that's what I've been told about sapphire! Bearing in mind its a couple of meters away i reckon it would be fine