I'm sick with a bad head cold

RuffRuffmcgruff

While I'm feeling sorry for myself in work thought I'd ask what's your favourite cold remedies?

At the moment mine is cold and flu tablets, lots of water and browsing the forum ;)

My Rig - Intel I7-5820k@ 4ghz| Rampage V Extreme| 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4|RTX 2060 SUPER| Corsair 650D| Corsair HX750| 2TB Samsung 850 EVO| H100i| 3x SF-120's| 1x 240 cooler master Red LED Front intake

Everything I say defaults to include /s

drink a lot of water

(napa)cabbage soup , my dad told me how to make this, you need to have napa cabbage then water, boil the water and put the vege in, after a while you know it is cooked, turn off the stove , then you make a fried egg, after making the fried egg, you pour all of the soup + vege into the container you just cooked the egg, then you boil everything all together for a few minutes. (2,3) add salt , white pepper, then you can eat. 

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

Time, rest, plenty of fluids.  If the fever is less than 103 generally don't take antipyretics.  Fever is your body's natural way of fighting off a pathogen.  See a doctor if it lasts more than 3 days, or you develop diff breathing (not just congested), become light headed, or stop producing urine.

3 hours ago, mrchow19910319 said:

drink a lot of water

(napa)cabbage soup , my dad told me how to make this, you need to have napa cabbage then water, boil the water and put the vege in, after a while you know it is cooked, turn off the stove , then you make a fried egg, after making the fried egg, you pour all of the soup + vege into the container you just cooked the egg, then you boil everything all together for a few minutes. (2,3) add salt , white pepper, then you can eat. 

That sounds fit, I'll have to try that when i get home.

3 hours ago, kilgore_T said:

fresh pealed ginger.... chunks of the sh*t

Already loaded up with it from lunch, been having Hot water, lemon, honey and ginger.

1 hour ago, Worstcaster said:

Time, rest, plenty of fluids.  If the fever is less than 103 generally don't take antipyretics.  Fever is your body's natural way of fighting off a pathogen.  See a doctor if it lasts more than 3 days, or you develop diff breathing (not just congested), become light headed, or stop producing urine.

Don't really feel like i've got a fever but thanks for the advice!

My Rig - Intel I7-5820k@ 4ghz| Rampage V Extreme| 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4|RTX 2060 SUPER| Corsair 650D| Corsair HX750| 2TB Samsung 850 EVO| H100i| 3x SF-120's| 1x 240 cooler master Red LED Front intake

3 hours ago, RuffRuffmcgruff said:

While I'm feeling sorry for myself in work thought I'd ask what's your favourite cold remedies?

At the moment mine is cold and flu tablets, lots of water and browsing the forum ;)

For  nose only congestion -> antihistamine (try this and you will thank me) 
 ears / throat hurting -> go to doctor you have an infection need antibiotics

For lungs congestion -> something that liquidfy the mucus

Lots of water and paracetamol every 8 hours , and if you have a though cold , paracetamol every 8 hours + ibuprofen (every 8 hours but at 4th hour of paracetamol, because one tolls the kidneys the other the liver)

Case: Corsair 760T  |  Psu: Evga  650w p2 | Cpu-Cooler : Noctua Nh-d15 | Cpu : 8600k  | Gpu: Gygabyte 1070 g1 | Ram: 2x8gb Gskill Trident-Z 3000mhz |  Mobo : Aorus GA-Z370 Gaming K3 | Storage : Ocz 120gb sata ssd , sandisk 480gb ssd , wd 1gb hdd | Keyboard : Corsair k95 rgb plat. | Mouse : Razer deathadder elite | Monitor: Dell s2417DG (1440p 165hz gsync) & a crappy hp 24' ips 1080p | Audio: Schiit stack + Akg k712pro + Blue yeti.

2 minutes ago, Peskanova said:

For  nose only congestion -> antihistamine (try this and you will thank me) 

I'll try that, it makes sense if my sinuses are inflammed. Thanks for the advice :)

rum.

rubbing alcohol for outside germs,  drinking alcohol for inside germs.

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

8 minutes ago, Tsuki said:

...rubbing alcohol for outside germs...

Bad idea! Rubbing alcohol is poisonous and can be absorbed into the blood stream through the gums.

An old adage says that if you treat a cold, it will go away in seven days. Leave a cold untreated and it will take a week to get over it.

Time, plenty of fluids (nonalcoholic), and rest are the best way to treat a cold. OTC cold meds can reduce discomfort. Folk remedies can range from ineffectual to downright dangerous.

Jeannie

As long as anyone is oppressed, no one will be safe and free.

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!

drink water, sleep, tylenol.

(not a doctor, an alien controlled my body)

why everybody post the spec of their rig here? i dont! cuz its made of mashed potatoes!