for ryzen 2700x and 2600 ??which

Depends are you going to extreme OC?

Just go with a msi Tomah b450 and be done with it, its a good board maybe the best,

x470 you have 2 options Taichi ultimate or asus hero 7 

You can go with x370 also but you need to do a bios update

3 minutes ago, benjaminr said:

which is better?

Asrock X470 Taichi Ultimate  or Asus Rog Crosshair VII Hero  or  Gigabyte X470 Aorus Gaming 7 WIFI (rev. 1.0)?  or  
Asus Rog Strix X470-F Gaming  for  2700?

Definitely neither of the Asus ones, but between the other two, the taichi 

PC: CPU: i5-9600k - CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 - GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB GDDR6 - Motherboard: ASRock - Z370 Extreme4 - RAM: Team - T-Force Delta RGB 16 GB DDR4-3000 - PSU: Corsair - TXM Gold 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply - Case: Thermaltake - Core G21 TG

The Taichi is legendary on Intel chip-sets, I've never used it on AMD chip-sets 

Current Build

Spoiler
  • CPU
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
  • GPU
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
  • Keyboard
  • Mouse
  • Sound
  • Operating System

Okay, so before I settles on my Gaming 7, I used the B450-f Strix, X470-f Strix, X470 Gaming 5, X470 Crosshair VII Wifi. The only board I didn't have the pleasure of using was the Taichi, which I'm sure is a bad ass board.

After using all of these boards before settling with the Gaming 7, I can honestly say that the Gaming 7 is the best FOR ME. The Crosshair VII might overclock the CPU/RAM a couple Mhz higher, but not enough to justify it's price tag. The Gaming 7 does nearly as well and all of the highest scores I accomplished with benchmarks, was with the Gaming 7. You can see my build in my sig and pcpartpicker which shows almost all the motherboards in my system except for the B450 Strix (I think).

I think the Gaming 7 has the most features for any board >$200. It has more Fan/Pump headers and USB both 2.0 and 3.0 than the Crosshair and Taichi, not only that but they are all better placed. It has the best RGB I have used, better than the Crosshair. I think the Crosshair is just an overpriced board and you're really only buying the brand when you buy their board. The software for both RGB and overclocking/fan control works very well on the Gaming 7, more so than I thought it would. I made a post here recently where I made screenshots and provided evidence that all the new Gigabyte software for fan control and overclocking works very well. I don't use the software anyway as it's easier to just use the BIOS and to set it and forget about it without the extra software running (this goes for most boards).

Did I mention the Gaming 7 is the only board with true dual BIOS where you can set either BIOS by switch? This is pretty important for overclocking.

I would highly recommend the Gaming 7 over the Crosshair VII Wifi, after using both boards. I even took my Gaming 7 back out and reinstalled the Crosshair to TRY and convince myself it was the superior board, it is not. I took it out and replaced it again with the Gaming 7. The Gaming 7 does in fact look better as well. The RGB works so much better as you can apply different colors and effects to different parts of the baord. Can the Crosshair do that? Nope! Only one color or effect across everything.

Yes the Crosshair is a great board and I loved it, but I love my Gaming 7 even more. If you want to AUTO overclock the best you can get the Crosshair, if you don't mind manually overclocking, the Gaming 7 wins hands down across the board. By auto and manual I mean that the Crosshair can overclock using PBO/XFR2 better than the Gaming 7, but that's unnecessary if you're manually overclocking all cores.

Ryzen 3800X + MEG ACE w/ Radeon VII + 3733 c14 Trident Z RGB in a Custom Loop powered by Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium
PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | My Build

2 hours ago, lmeneses said:

Definitely neither of the Asus ones, but between the other two, the taichi 

Not sure what's wrong with Asus boards, it's not like the Z390 screw ups. They have some of the best VRMs. The Crosshair having probably the BEST VRMs out of all X470s. I would still take the Gaming 7 over the Taichi as well. The only Taichi worth it's price is the non-ultimate one, which really looks like a great board.

Ryzen 3800X + MEG ACE w/ Radeon VII + 3733 c14 Trident Z RGB in a Custom Loop powered by Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium

I've heard people remark that Gigabyte uses a dual BIOS because for whatever reason their BIOS is susceptible to corruption.  So it's kind of necessary.  

And there are features available on the Crosshair board that aren't available on the other boards.  As well as damn strong VRMs.  

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

8 minutes ago, nick name said:

I've heard people remark that Gigabyte uses a dual BIOS because for whatever reason their BIOS is susceptible to corruption.  So it's kind of necessary.  

And there are features available on the Crosshair board that aren't available on the other boards.  As well as damn strong VRMs.  

I (I'm assuming you meant me since I'm the only one recommending Gigabyte lol) didn't say anything negative about the Crosshair and that it does auto overclock using PBO/XFR2 better than the Gigabyte. The VRMs aren't really that important with any of these top boards and I'm sure they'll all handle the next gen processors just fine.

For my situation, the Gigabyte has the better features and overclocks manually just fine. I really like both boards but the better board FOR THE PRICE is the Gigabyte, hands down. You get more for the money. The BEST BOARD with less headers is the ASUS CROSSHAIR VII, period.

I really did go back and forth between both boards, taking them both in and out of my computer to see which one I liked the most with both looks and performance. I manually OC my CPU/RAM so I chose the Gigabyte. The Asus is was better at utilizing the PBO/XFR2 on the X series chips.

P.S. Hi Nick ? 

5 minutes ago, ChewToy! said:

I (I'm assuming you meant me since I'm the only one recommending Gigabyte lol) didn't say anything negative about the Crosshair and that it does auto overclock using PBO/XFR2 better than the Gigabyte. The VRMs aren't really that important with any of these top boards and I'm sure they'll all handle the next gen processors just fine.

For my situation, the Gigabyte has the better features and overclocks manually just fine. I really like both boards but the better board FOR THE PRICE is the Gigabyte, hands down. You get more for the money. The BEST BOARD with less headers is the ASUS CROSSHAIR VII, period.

I really did go back and forth between both boards, taking them both in and out of my computer to see which one I liked the most with both looks and performance. I manually OC my CPU/RAM so I chose the Gigabyte. The Asus is was better at utilizing the PBO/XFR2 on the X series chips.

P.S. Hi Nick ? 

Oh no I mention because I believe it was Buildzoid that said what I mentioned about Gigabyte.  I think having dual BIOS is a great feature, but his experience was that their BIOS corrupt much more frequently.  However, if you're not going to use the board for extensive overclocking then it won't be a problem.  

If anyone knows about X470 boards through personal experience -- it's @ChewToy!  I would trust his opinion.  

Whaddup Chewey

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

3 minutes ago, nick name said:

Oh no I mention because I believe it was Buildzoid that said what I mentioned about Gigabyte.  I think having dual BIOS is a great feature, but his experience was that their BIOS corrupt much more frequently.  However, if you're not going to use the board for extensive overclocking then it won't be a problem.  

If anyone knows about X470 boards through personal experience -- it's @ChewToy!  I would trust his opinion.  

Whaddup Chewey

I haven't had any problems with the BIOS, but I know what you're talking about. That's why I returned my Gaming 5 (on top of crappy VRMs). I just think the Crosshair should have came with more features at that price point (I bought the Wifi one), it really is the best for overclocking but when I sat the two motherboards down side by side, I was just surprised the Gigabyte had more to offer at nearly $60 less.

If you want the most powerful motherboard, Crosshair VII.

Most features with more RGB, Gaming 7.

2 minutes ago, ChewToy! said:

I haven't had any problems with the BIOS, but I know what you're talking about. That's why I returned my Gaming 5 (on top of crappy VRMs). I just think the Crosshair should have came with more features at that price point (I bought the Wifi one), it really is the best for overclocking but when I sat the two motherboards down side by side, I was just surprised the Gigabyte had more to offer at nearly $60 less.

If you want the most powerful motherboard, Crosshair VII.

Most features with more RGB, Gaming 7.

I actually got lucky when I got mine. Newegg had them on sale at around $60 off right when I was ready to buy.  It was a very pleasant surprise.  

1 minute ago, nick name said:

I actually got lucky when I got mine. Newegg had them on sale at around $60 off right when I was ready to buy.  It was a very pleasant surprise.  

Yea, at that price point, it's just personal preference. They're both great boards. I fixed my RAM issue as well by upping some voltage lol.

21 hours ago, ChewToy! said:

Not sure what's wrong with Asus boards, it's not like the Z390 screw ups. They have some of the best VRMs. The Crosshair having probably the BEST VRMs out of all X470s. I would still take the Gaming 7 over the Taichi as well. The only Taichi worth it's price is the non-ultimate one, which really looks like a great board.

The Asus z390 lineup is not good at all, and it bloody better if its costing me $300. Asus has good boards, but they are severely overpriced for the quality. 

PC: CPU: i5-9600k - CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 - GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB GDDR6 - Motherboard: ASRock - Z370 Extreme4 - RAM: Team - T-Force Delta RGB 16 GB DDR4-3000 - PSU: Corsair - TXM Gold 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply - Case: Thermaltake - Core G21 TG