Overheating Threadripper 1950x

22raor

I just finished building my custom PC, but in Ryzen Master, it shows my CPU to be at around 70 degrees Celsius or above.  According to AMD, the max temp is 68 but then I have also read online that you are supposed at 27 to that, making it 95. I am not completely sure if this is a normal temp. Here are my specs:

ASRock X399 Taichi motherboard

AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950x

32gb G.skill ripjaws RAM

Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML360 RGB TR4 Edition Liquid Cooler

Nvidia RTX 2080

Samsung 970 Evo SSD

Cooler Master MasterWatt V750 power supply

Originally, I assumed the problem was with the cooler not running but I feel a vibration coming from the liquid cooler tubes so I am pretty sure the pump is working. Now, I'm not sure why it is overheating. I made sure to apply thermal paste and remove the plastic from the cpu cooler. Also, I have tried remounting the cooler. 

I attached a screenshot of one of the readings from Ryzen master. After I took this picture, it still continues to go up.

4C929380-128A-4F0C-A17A-C16C7406BA72.png

wut? You don't need to add anything to that.

If it says it's 67, it is 67...

Back when ryzen 1 launched there was indeed a temperature offset but in the other direction (it reported hotter than it was, 60 degrees cpu reported 80 degrees for example.) But that's long gone and Threadripper never had the issue anyway.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

what case have you got?

some cases don't have good airflow and lead to high temps

it doesn't seem like there is any kind of problem, those tempretures are more than safe, if your still not happy then maybe consider returning it (if it is a possibility) and getting the enermax 360 which from what I've read is the best cooler on the market for threadripper.