ASUS monitor Saturates green

JChalant

Hello friends!

If anyone else has had this issue, I'd appreciate your help.

A few months ago my ASUS monitor started saturating the entire screen green.  I sent it in for RMA and when it returned it worked for a little while, but now its super saturated green again.

It only happens when im using the HDMI, and I know what you're thinking, but I HAVE to use HDMI instead of display port for pass through connections.

I'm going to try RMA again, but does anyone have any idea what they would have done that would have repaired it briefly instead of completely?

Update: the HDMI comes from an Avermedia Capture card (internal card), and when i plugged it directly to my 1070, the monitor is back to full color.  BUT!!!!!  it was working fine until this morning, just as it was working fine before when this issue happened before, and I need to be able to screen capture for tutorials and the like.

Thank!

~JC

Edited by JChalant
updated info

11 minutes ago, JChalant said:

Hello friends!

If anyone else has had this issue, I'd appreciate your help.

A few months ago my ASUS monitor started saturating the entire screen green.  I sent it in for RMA and when it returned it worked for a little while, but now its super saturated green again.

It only happens when im using the HDMI, and I know what you're thinking, but I HAVE to use HDMI instead of display port for pass through connections.

I'm going to try RMA again, but does anyone have any idea what they would have done that would have repaired it briefly instead of completely?

Thank!

~JC

Try plugging the monitor in with a  display port cable, DVI and new HDMI cables and see if that fixes anything just to rule out the cables?  Also try different ports if applicable in your GPU / MOBO.

If the issue does not go away its obviously something wrong with your monitor or display settings.

If you know the model number of the monitor you can check this website and see if there is a color profile for it here and install it and see if maybe your desktop color settings are just messed up somehow. 

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/articles/icc_profiles.htm

If it turns out to be the monitor and its still under a warranty period just take it back to the place of purchase or if online ship it back and say you want a new monitor and that this one is defective don't waste your time trying to have them repair that one just to have it crap out again & tell them you have already tried to have it fixed once..

Good luck

Cheers.

It may not be the monitor!

The following didnt happen last time....

I swapped out all the HDMI cables to get this thing ready for packing and transport, but when I plugged in to another monitor, the same thing happened!

But get this, I walked away in frustration for 10 minutes, and when I came back monitor B was normal again.  breaking for lunch to think about it, and the screen on Monitor B was saturated green again.

It may just be, My avermedia Live Gamer 2HD GC570.

Exploring their forums, others have had similar issues, but none seemed to have nailed down the issue.

I'm heading off to more appropriate forums, but if anyone here happens to know why/how an HDMI signal would get adjusted to cause this kind of output after throughput?

WHAT THE HECK!  Before sending this message I got sick of the green so I plugged my Display port from 1070 to Monitor A directly, and in that moment Monitor B snapped back into color balance!

TZooo, thanks for your time but I'm thinking more and more that this thread needs to be in capture cards, if such a thing exists..gonna thread hop looking for it, while leaving this trail here for those desperately seeking a solution to similar through forum searches.