2014 Macbook Air drive failure...what do I do?

So I recently acquired a 13" 2014 Macbook Air for very cheap and it has a dead drive. I presumed that a simply replacement should do the trick, and this would allow me to delve into the world of not only macs, but thin and lights that was previously an unknown world to me. Upon further research however, I've had some issue with finding consistency in the replacement parts. I've seen a lot of suggestions of OWC Aura Pro SSD's, but I've also been seeing a lot of very mixed reviews with these drives. Some are saying it was very plug and play, others are saying that they needed to jump through hoops to get it to work and others are saying it worked fine at the beginning but then caused issues later down the road. I'm not sure what to do now and any suggestions on how to fix this would be very appreciated. 

I know they are a special apple variant, but from what I've been understanding is there are other options besides directly from apple. The main option I've seen is the OWC Aura Pro drive and just want to know if it's actually any good and if not what the other options are (presuming there are other options). 

14 hours ago, CPU_bot said:

I know they are a special apple variant, but from what I've been understanding is there are other options besides directly from apple. The main option I've seen is the OWC Aura Pro drive and just want to know if it's actually any good and if not what the other options are (presuming there are other options). 

There is an adapter out that is relatively cheap. Most repairs I've seen use the adapter and a samsung drive.

On 2/8/2019 at 2:41 PM, markr54632 said:

There is an adapter out that is relatively cheap. Most repairs I've seen use the adapter and a samsung drive.

Do you happen to know what adapter it is? I saw one but it seemed quite large and I was concerned it would cause issues with other m.2 drives. 

21 minutes ago, CPU_bot said:

Do you happen to know what adapter it is? I saw one but it seemed quite large and I was concerned it would cause issues with other m.2 drives. 

Usually just whatever goes cheapest on Alibaba or Ebay at the time. They usually only run a couple bucks.

Usually look something like that.

2 hours ago, markr54632 said:

Usually just whatever goes cheapest on Alibaba or Ebay at the time. They usually only run a couple bucks.

Usually look something like that.

Okay, thank you so much! This should hopefully save my butt big time on not having to go to an apple store and pay out the butt for them to fix it.