BIOS page not found

Go to solution Solved by paddy-stone,

Fastboot is enabled then I guess... reset CMOS and you should be able to get into BIOS again.

Well, if you'd taken the warning that's displayed when you turn fastboot on, you could have saved a profile, ie the settings in BIOS, now you'll have to enter them all again.

Current build:

CPU: I5-8400

CPU COOLER: Cryorig C7

MOTHERBOARD = Gigabyte H370n-WIFI

RAM = G.SKILL RIPJAWS V RED 2x4 DDR4 2400mhz (CL15)

GPU = ASUS GTX1070 STRIX 8GB

PSU = Silverstone SX500-LG SFX

CASE = Fractal Design Node 202

SSD = Western Digital 2.5" Green 240GB 

SSHD = Seawater Firecuda 2.5" 1TB

I can't seemed to access my bios. Recently built this PC from using old parts from old build just so it would be more travel friendly. In the earlier weeks, I was able to access to bios to configure my fan curve to optimal level. However, when I checked my task manager, it seemed my ram speed is set at 2133 MHZ. So I decided to go into my BIOS to enable XMP to get that 2400 MHZ that was advertised on the ram specs. Restarted the PC while pressing F12 but nothing happens. Just black screen and just that. Tried it again and still the same. It was able to boot straight into windows if I didn't press any boot keys. It doesn't even show the mobo manufacturer page, just straight to windows log in screen. Been seeing some discussion that I should just clear CMOS. Is there anything else I should worried abt when after clearing cmos? If so, what precautions should I take? I rather not send it to shop just so they can do the same thing which I can do. Any suggestions why I can't access my BIOS even tho was able to Windows no problem? Help would be appreciated.

Fastboot is enabled then I guess... reset CMOS and you should be able to get into BIOS again.

Well, if you'd taken the warning that's displayed when you turn fastboot on, you could have saved a profile, ie the settings in BIOS, now you'll have to enter them all again.

Please quote my post, or put @paddy-stone if you want me to respond to you.

Spoiler
  • PCs:- 
  • Main PC build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/2K6Q7X
  • ASUS x53e  - i7 2670QM / Sony BD writer x8 / Win 10, Elemetary OS, Ubuntu/ Samsung 830 SSD
  • Lenovo G50 - 8Gb RAM - Samsung 860 Evo 250GB SSD - DVD writer
  •  
  • Displays:-
  • Philips 55 OLED 754 model
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  • Philips 24" 1080p monitor as backup
  •  
  • Storage/NAS/Servers:-
  • ESXI/test build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/4wyR9G
  • Main Server https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/3Qftyk
  • Backup server - HP Proliant Gen 8 4 bay NAS running FreeNAS ZFS striped 3x3TiB WD reds
  • HP ProLiant G6 Server SE316M1 Twin Hex Core Intel Xeon E5645 2.40GHz 48GB RAM
  •  
  • Gaming/Tablets etc:-
  • Xbox One S 500GB + 2TB HDD
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi/Pocafone F2 pro 8GB/256GB
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• Unused Hardware currently :-
  • 4670K MSI mobo 16GB ram
  • i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1060 6GB Amp! edition
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

1 minute ago, paddy-stone said:

So fastboot essentially prevent the user from going into bios? Also disable the mobo manufacturer page?

Just now, Ashy2874 said:

So fastboot essentially prevent the user from going into bios? Also disable the mobo manufacturer page?

it disables self testing, mobo manufacturer page, but you should still be able to access bios, try del, f2, f8, f10

1 minute ago, Ashy2874 said:

NO, fastboot does exactly what it suggests, fast boots your computer, so essentially it does away with the POST to a degree, so that your PC can boot faster.

Spoiler
  • ASUS x53e  - i7 2670QM / Sony BD writer x8 / Win 10, Elemetary OS, Ubuntu/ Samsung 830 SSD
  •  
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  •  
  • Backup server - HP Proliant Gen 8 4 bay NAS running FreeNAS ZFS striped 3x3TiB WD reds
  •  
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

2 minutes ago, wojtepanik said:

it disables self testing, mobo manufacturer page, but you should still be able to access bios, try del, f2, f8, f10

Yeh I tried all that, just black screen but PC still running. Power off so that I can boot back to Windows.

3 minutes ago, paddy-stone said:

NO, fastboot does exactly what it suggests, fast boots your computer, so essentially it does away with the POST to a degree, so that your PC can boot faster.

So meaning lets say I reset bios today. Did the XMP stuff and fan curve etc and enable the fast boot. So the next few months I decide to enter bios again, I have to reset bios again? So there's no other way to enter bios other than clear cmos each time when fast boot is enabled?

Yeh I tried all that, just black screen but PC still running. Power off so that I can boot back to Windows.

So meaning lets say I reset bios today. Did the XMP stuff and fan curve etc and enable the fast boot. So the next few months I decide to enter bios again, I have to reset bios again? So there's no other way to enter bios other than clear cmos each time when fast boot is enabled?

yeah, no one uses fast boot for a reason, it not worth turning on

You can access the BIOS from Windows 10. By that I mean you can go to the advanced startup menu by holding shift when clicking Restart. You can boot into the UEFI from there.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

Yep, once you enable fast boot, you can no longer just press ?? to enter bios, it tells you this on the fastboot option usually.

What you can do thoughm, is enter your settings, then save a profile... that way the next time you have to reset cmos, you can just load your profile to get your settings back.

Spoiler
  •  
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  •  
  •  
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

1 minute ago, NelizMastr said:

You can access the BIOS from Windows 10. By that I mean you can go to the advanced startup menu by holding shift when clicking Restart. You can boot into the UEFI from there.

Tried that, still black screen

1 minute ago, paddy-stone said:

Yep, once you enable fast boot, you can no longer just press ?? to enter bios, it tells you this on the fastboot option usually.

What you can do thoughm, is enter your settings, then save a profile... that way the next time you have to reset cmos, you can just load your profile to get your settings back.

Yeh I will definitely do that this time around.

3 minutes ago, wojtepanik said:

yeah, no one uses fast boot for a reason, it not worth turning on

alright then but to skip the slow boot is very tempting when you on a time limit rush.

I will reset the bios tomorrow. Other than the fan curve, which is the only thing I play around with, are there any other like external stuff I should be worried about? I saw some other discussions that they can't use their plug-in USB components. Don't want those similar stuff happening.

24 minutes ago, NelizMastr said:

I think you can't do that with old school bioses, I have x58 and I don't have uefi

check bios bat voltage, change then get bk on here and say ty. had same issue with mine few days ago couldnt get into bios but booted fine bat was 0.51v not 3v

4 minutes ago, wojtepanik said:

I think you can't do that with old school bioses, I have x58 and I don't have uefi

Boards that old shouldn't have fast boot though. That's a feature most commonly found on UEFI boards.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

4 minutes ago, NelizMastr said:

Boards that old shouldn't have fast boot though. That's a feature most commonly found on UEFI boards.

LOL no, I have fast boot 100%, other old boards also have it...

6 minutes ago, wojtepanik said:

LOL no, I have fast boot 100%, other old boards also have it...

M'kay. OP is SOL then. RIP.

F12 as far as i know, is "Network Boot". Try Del or F10 instead. Otherwise check the manual. A Motherboards manual is actually the ONE manual which makes sense.

39 minutes ago, arvenyon said:

F12 as far as i know, is "Network Boot". Try Del or F10 instead. Otherwise check the manual. A Motherboards manual is actually the ONE manual which makes sense.

its F12, which was listed on the mobo manuf. screen

1 hour ago, paddy-stone said:

well thx. Got bored nothing to do so decide to clear it just now. BIOS page loads up nicely, changed the XMP now ram speeds at 2400 MHZ as wanted, change the fan curve AND create a profile just in case I have to clear cmos again. Thanks a lot for the help guys, really saves me from having to to pack up the pc and travel to the shop and leave it for several days for them to clear cmos which I can do as well. Really appreciated.

its F12, which was listed on the mobo manuf. screen

well thx. Got bored nothing to do so decide to clear it just now. BIOS page loads up nicely, changed the XMP now ram speeds at 2400 MHZ as wanted, change the fan curve AND create a profile just in case I have to clear cmos again. Thanks a lot for the help guys, really saves me from having to to pack up the pc and travel to the shop and leave it for several days for them to clear cmos which I can do as well. Really appreciated.

No worries, glad you got it done. I think you can mark this thread as solved now :)

Spoiler
  •  
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  •  
  •  
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini