Custom Tempered Glass?

Novirius

While watching the recent LTT Corsair Prebuilt video, I began wondering if it's possible to have custom engraved Tempered Glass side panels fitted for existing PC cases. How would you go about making sure everything fits for a given system?

4 minutes ago, Novirius said:

While watching the recent LTT Corsair Prebuilt video, I began wondering if it's possible to have custom engraved Tempered Glass side panels fitted for existing PC cases. How would you go about making sure everything fits for a given system?

For custom tempered glass they need to be made to order, since it gets cut, drilled etc, before it can be tempered. You can laser or abrasive etch tempered glass with custom designs if you have an existing panel you want to customize. 

As for getting everything to fit you need to have something to take measurements off of to provide drawings to the glass shop if you want them to make something to spec. 

Pardon, but do you mean a custom glass sheet or custom engraving? With custom engraving (done the fake way with another layer on top), it'd fit because the overall dimensions remain the same.

However, a custom glass panel is out of the budget for nearly anybody. Hell, I don't even know how to have an estimate.

Fan Comparisons          F@H          PCPartPicker         Analysis of Market Trends (Coming soon? Never? Who knows!)

Designing a mITX case. Working on aluminum prototypes.

Open for intern / part-time. Good at maths, CAD and airflow stuff. Dabbled with Python.

Please fill out this form! It helps a ton! https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/841400-the-poll-to-end-all-polls-poll/

Let's do a random estimate here. A sheet of tempered glass for a side panel and with holes costs about ~$160 USD (https://www.onedayglass.com/order-online/)

Not sure about custom engraving costs, but I'm sure it'll be based on the complexity of what you want. However, you could also use acid glass etching and do it yourself.

2 hours ago, W-L said:

For custom tempered glass they need to be made to order, since it gets cut, drilled etc, before it can be tempered. You can laser or abrasive etch tempered glass with custom designs if you have an existing panel you want to customize. 

As for getting everything to fit you need to have something to take measurements off of to provide drawings to the glass shop if you want them to make something to spec. 

2 hours ago, Imbellis said:

Pardon, but do you mean a custom glass sheet or custom engraving? With custom engraving (done the fake way with another layer on top), it'd fit because the overall dimensions remain the same.

However, a custom glass panel is out of the budget for nearly anybody. Hell, I don't even know how to have an estimate.

I'm not sure what the difference is between engraving and custom glass sheet, but my thought was inspired by the "Vengeance" logo on the Corsair prebuilt PC featured if that helps clarify it. 

1 minute ago, Novirius said:

I'm not sure what the difference is between engraving and custom glass sheet, but my thought was inspired by the "Vengeance" logo on the Corsair prebuilt PC featured if that helps clarify it. 

In terms of custom glass you would be essentially order a new sheet of tempered glass. If all you want is to modify the glass and add a logo onto it your easiest option would be to get a vinyl sticker.