Clevo / Prostar N855HJ Laptop BIOS Update Trouble

Dreznon

Hello I am trying to update my N855HJ's BIOS, but the computer doesn't recognize it the USB stick, wrong device type or some shit like that.  This link is about the same thing I'm going through.  The dude explains some efi-shell needs to be installed on the usb or something.  I'm not understanding what is going on.  The Prostar dude tells me that it doesn't need any special thing happen to it, just that the files need to be unzipped onto the USB's ROOT directory.  He said no rufus or any kind of special k-rap done to it.  He also said UEFI safe boot needed to be disabled.  That was the weird part because it was default on the laptop like that, so why did I need to know that?  The only other thing the tech at Prostar said was that it may be a defective USB.  I've tried 8 different USB's.  Can someone please help me?

Have you tried a few different file systems for the USB drives? I believe Windows will let you format in FAT32, exFAT, and NTFS.

On a more prudent note, why do you want to update the BIOS? Unless you have a genuine reason, e.g. hardware compatibility, like the Ryzen 2nd gen stuff, it is generally a good idea to leave the BIOS alone, given the risks associated with updating it.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Desktop:

Intel Core i7-11700K | Noctua NH-D15S chromax.black | ASUS ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming WiFi  | 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 MHz | ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 3080 | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 PCIe 4.0 SSD | 2TB WD Blue M.2 SATA SSD | Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fractal Design Meshify C Windows 10 Pro

Laptop:

HP Omen 15 | AMD Ryzen 7 5800H | 16 GB 3200 MHz | Nvidia RTX 3060 | 1 TB WD Black PCIe 3.0 SSD | 512 GB Micron PCIe 3.0 SSD | Windows 11

I have tried FAT32 and NTFS.

I am wanting this BIOS Update because of RST BOOT for my Optane Module.