R9 290 Watercooling help needed

Hey guys I'm looking to watercool my r9 290 by expanding my h220. I need advice on what's the best type of waterblock to buy. Alternatively I would like to ask if a g10 + aio cooler would be a good idea too. <- Worried about this because of uncooled vrm etc

Please note that I will be buying the waterblock online. 

i5 4670k @ 4.5Ghz | ASUS R9 290 | Swiftech H220 | Fractal Define R4 Titanium | OCZ Vertex 4 128GB | 2 x Seagate Barracude 1tb | 16GB 1600mhz Corsair Vengeance pro | MSI G45 Z87 Mobo | Essence STX | U2312HM | Razer Orbweaver, Logitech G600, Ducky Dk9087 shine 3 MX Blue | Corsair RM650 | Swan M200mk3, PC360, WA7 Fireflies, HD800, O2+ODAC, MrSpeakers Mad Dog |

My vote goes for G10 + AIO if you can fit it.

Waterblock would be nice, but I just don't trust H220 over an actual custom job.

Check out the build: Used to be Obot, now Lilith

Shameless: Me

My vote goes for G10 + AIO if you can fit it.

Waterblock would be nice, but I just don't trust H220 over an actual custom job.

What's wrong with the H220? please let me know if there's anything with it before I commit to buying a waterblock. I'd like to go that way to save space as I won't have to get an external res. I will be getting another radiator though. 

Regarding the G10, Are there any solutions as to cooling the vrms?

i5 4670k @ 4.5Ghz | ASUS R9 290 | Swiftech H220 | Fractal Define R4 Titanium | OCZ Vertex 4 128GB | 2 x Seagate Barracude 1tb | 16GB 1600mhz Corsair Vengeance pro | MSI G45 Z87 Mobo | Essence STX | U2312HM | Razer Orbweaver, Logitech G600, Ducky Dk9087 shine 3 MX Blue | Corsair RM650 | Swan M200mk3, PC360, WA7 Fireflies, HD800, O2+ODAC, MrSpeakers Mad Dog |

What's wrong with the H220? please let me know if there's anything with it before I commit to buying a waterblock. I'd like to go that way to save space as I won't have to get an external res. I will be getting another radiator though. 

Regarding the G10, Are there any solutions as to cooling the vrms?

nothing wrong with it, at least with ppl that I've talked to, it's just personal preference.

and as for G10 they have that fan behind the AIO bracket

Check out the build: Used to be Obot, now Lilith

Shameless: Me

Don't know if the H220 will be adequate to cool both the CPU and the 290. You may want to research that. You may have to add a radiator.

Why do i always get blue screens? Why not a red one for a change?

Spoiler

CPU: 2920x  GPU: Sapphire HD 7950 Vapor X  MOBO: X399 Taichi  RAM: 4x 8GB Trident Z RGN 3200/14  CASE: 900D  OS SSD: Samsung 960 Evo 512GB  Storage: 20TB NAS  PSU: Corsair RM1000i  CPU COOLER: NH-U14S TR4 OS: Arch Linux Keyboard: Ducky Shine 3 TKL  Mouse: MX Master 2S Headphones: BD DT 770 PRO 250 Ohm

Talking from experience, I currently have 2 R9 290's under water on an EK Clean block and they're great but they do get hot and I don't think an H220 is sufficient for a CPU + GPU (esp. 290)

Whats your temps? my 290x does not hit over 50c on a loop that has a 4770k at 4.6ghz cooled by 1 280mm rad. cpu max temp is 80c, and temps is when GPU and CPU are at full load.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

to answer your waterblock question. what waterblock is best?  the one that fits your card and you like the look of.  they all will give very nearly identical temps.  if you want better cooling performance your better off getting more rad.

as for VRM temps with a g10 buy some stick on copper or aluminium heat sinks and trim them to size.   with that and the g10s fan your VRMs will never exceed their 95c design temp.

Whats your temps? my 290x does not hit over 50c on a loop that has a 4770k at 4.6ghz cooled by 1 280mm rad. cpu max temp is 80c, and temps is when GPU and CPU are at full load.

45C Running Fur Mark OC'd to 1150 by 1400. i7 4770 @ 4.0ghz. 60C running prime.

In regards to Waterblocks, just go with whichever one is aesthetically pleasing to you, there really isn't that much difference with GPU Waterblocks.