Instant print cameras advice

cc143

So I'm pretty knowledgeable about camera gear in general, but know pretty much jack about instant cameras (instax etc.).

A friend of mine is travelling in a month and she wants to take an instant camera with her. She doesn't want to use a proper camera but prefers the "polaroid feel". 

Anyone know a thing or two about these things and basically what to go for/anything to avoid?

6700k|Hyper 212 EVO|Asus Z170 Deluxe|GTX970 STRIX|16gb 2400mhz Teamgroup memory|Samsung 950 PRO+ 2TB Seagate HDD| CM Realpower M1000|H440

"The tragedy of the poor is the poverty of their aspirations" Adam Smith

Take a look at my flickr?:  https://www.flickr.com/photos/150012948@N06/

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/3/2019 at 1:47 PM, cc143 said:

So I'm pretty knowledgeable about camera gear in general, but know pretty much jack about instant cameras (instax etc.).

A friend of mine is travelling in a month and she wants to take an instant camera with her. She doesn't want to use a proper camera but prefers the "polaroid feel". 

Anyone know a thing or two about these things and basically what to go for/anything to avoid?

A friend gave me the Polaroid camera as a birthday gift, it's nice but the film stock is expensive.  About 8 photos per cartridge.  The use and feel of it is like the old original Polaroids.

I can recommend the Fuji line of Instax Cameras. I got gifted one and colors look nice, as well as the film stock being less expensive than the Polaroids make it what I would recommend. Easy to use as well, pretty much just point at and shoot situation. I don't really use it often, but I've taken enough shots to say that they work great. There's different formats of film stock for the respective cameras, so keep that in mind.