Asus P8Z77-V Wifi question.

Hey everyone, I have an i5 3570k and I wanted to overclock it so I found an Asus P8Z77-V Wifi I was wondering if it's a good Mobo for overclocking, I asked a guy in one of the local stores in my town and he told me it's not a good Mobo for overclocking and that I should wait until I find an Asus Maximus V Mobo which very hard to find and will be expensive for me if I find it, I'm now running my i5 on a Gigabyte P75-D3.

Thanks in advance.

5 minutes ago, Person_125 said:

Hey everyone, I have an i5 3570k and I wanted to overclock it so I found an Asus P8Z77-V Wifi I was wondering if it's a good Mobo for overclocking, I asked a guy in one of the local stores in my town and he told me it's not a good Mobo for overclocking and that I should wait until I find an Asus Maximus V Mobo which very hard to find and will be expensive for me if I find it, I'm now running my i5 on a Gigabyte P75-D3.

Thanks in advance.

It'll get the job done and is fairly decent at it. I've overclocked on worse boards (P67 LE).

The Maximus is honestly overkill for normal overclocking.

You might consider delidding the CPU though.

3 minutes ago, Person_125 said:

Thanks in advance.

never ask that guy for advice again, as long as you got LLC and vcore adjustment (which you do) you will overclock as good as maximus V board, maximus probably only shines when you are pushing very high voltages through your cpu, 5ghz and above. Finding decent Z77 boards are hard as it is, P8Z77-V is also a good board and if you can get, by all means get it.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

12 minutes ago, scottyseng said:

It'll get the job done and is fairly decent at it. I've overclocked on worse boards (P67 LE).

The Maximus is honestly overkill for normal overclocking.

You might consider delidding the CPU though.

Thank you for your reply, but I don't think I'll be able to delid the CPU as it's too advanced for me but thanks for the advice

3 minutes ago, Person_125 said:

Thank you for your reply, but I don't think I'll be able to delid the CPU as it's too advanced for me but thanks for the advice

Yep, I had my 2500K running 4.5 GHz at 1.4v on my old P67 LE board for well over 4 years without issue. the -V board is an upgrade over that.

14 minutes ago, Levent said:

never ask that guy for advice again, as long as you got LLC and vcore adjustment (which you do) you will overclock as good as maximus V board, maximus probably only shines when you are pushing very high voltages through your cpu, 5ghz and above. Finding decent Z77 boards are hard as it is, P8Z77-V is also a good board and if you can get, by all means get it.

Thank you for your reply I thought the Maximus is overkill too, it requires extra 4 pins for the CPU power, and I only wanna get the CPU to 4.5 or 4.6 GHz 

1 minute ago, scottyseng said:

Yep, I had my 2500K running 4.5 GHz at 1.4v on my old P67 LE board for well over 4 years without issue. the -V board is an upgrade over that.

Nice and thanks again you really got me excited to buy the Mobo